Training Plan Requests / Tips

sniper____

Swinger
*sorry if this is the wrong area to post this(new to forums)*

Hello, I just passed my assessment with an A grade
I am told the next intake is in April 2016 for ITC Catterick

I am wanting to improve my fitness and strength as much as possible within this time, if anyone has/knows a 4 month training plan which would be suitable for Army training I would appreciate it if you could inform me of any you may have.

Should I start using supplements for muscle growth or is that a no, no? I only ask as I have never used any form of supplement so I don't know how effective they are and would love feed back if it is something I should consider doing.

Any response appreciated,
Thanks.

Run, a lot, as fast as you can for as long as you can.

Thats is really

Also after you are comfortable running add a back pack then start adding water bottles to weigh it up

sniper____

Swinger
Any run times I should be aiming for? or just general improvement?

Would love guideline times on:
1.5m

Tallshort

War Hero
Any run times I should be aiming for? or just general improvement?

Would love guideline times on:
1.5m
You need to be doing 1.5m at 10m 30s as a start point as that used to be the old BFT time for the individual run but you should be aiming at least a minute less than that. The better your cardio the easier it will be.

sniper____

Swinger
Thanks for the advice, I finally managed to navigate my way around the site to find out the things I needed, much appreciated!

A note on supplements, if you do decide to use anything, it should come from the Informed Sport approved products. As all of those products are batch-tested to ensure that there's no cross-contamination with anything that shouldn't be in there.

Don't bother.

To the OP

If you want to bulk up eat a whole chicken spread throughout the day. The body can only absorb small amounts of protein at a time (about 35 grams) so just nibble on it a bit at a time.

You don't need weights benches and flash expensive gyms. Just smash the pressups (wide arm and narrow) situps and chinups.

Run up and down hills. Do not fill big massive rucksacks up with bricks then go pounding the streets, you'll knacker your knees up.

The key is gradually increasing but to get better you need to push the boundary.

When your body starts screaming to stop, don't. It's in your head and you have only hit halfway of your capabilities.

Another good cardio workout is interval training. This is running with periods of sprinting mixed in. Lob a fem pressups and situps in there and you'll soon be running rings around the PTIs at depot.

sniper____

Swinger
I'm good at pushing my boundaries, I see it as temporary pain for permanent gain, so that's my motivation.
Thanks for the info.

sniper____

Swinger
I am making my 4 month plan now, it is mainly just running with a pyramid of sets for pull ups/push ups/sit ups, will probably alternate the pull ups with triceps dips occasionally.

I plan to avoid the gym, and just use my pull up bar / local routes, avoiding supplements and eating right.

-

I'm actually excited to run, sounds stupid, but Im so glad I passed, gives me so much motivation to work harder

Latest Threads