Training on Council/National Parks


I understand we can train in civvies in national parks, what about equipment such as mil/emergency services radios, bergans, FFRs etc?

My unit straddles a National Park and I was thinking it'd be great to use it for comms, phys (walking/tabbing), map reading training etc.

If I call this training comms ex does this mean I can ignore adventure training rules? One of the areas I'm looking at isn't a national park but little bleaker than North(/Dark) Peak District.

Or which pam should I be looking at?


Bailey said:
Why was I suprised :D

It seems this idea would require OTT organisation and admin, which is a pity as I had a few quick and easy ideas. (I also think it would be potentially good for recruitment, as we would have direct contact with the public)

If we are all in civvies then I guess its a lot easier to train in the Parks?
Strictly speaking, you still need to clear everything through TOPL whether in uniform or not. Your Regional Bde will be able to advise on the local situation.

Latest Threads