Training on Council/National Parks

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand we can train in civvies in national parks, what about equipment such as mil/emergency services radios, bergans, FFRs etc?

My unit straddles a National Park and I was thinking it'd be great to use it for comms, phys (walking/tabbing), map reading training etc.

If I call this training comms ex does this mean I can ignore adventure training rules? One of the areas I'm looking at isn't a national park but little bleaker than North(/Dark) Peak District.

Or which pam should I be looking at?
  2. Speak to the TOPL (Training On Private Lands ) chap at your Regional Bde - it's not that easy.
  3. Why was I suprised :D

It seems this idea would require OTT organisation and admin, which is a pity as I had a few quick and easy ideas. (I also think it would be potentially good for recruitment, as we would have direct contact with the public)

If we are all in civvies then I guess its a lot easier to train in the Parks?
  4. Strictly speaking, you still need to clear everything through TOPL whether in uniform or not. Your Regional Bde will be able to advise on the local situation.