Training not for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think people don’t understand *I don’t want this job, or to be in the military* it was pushed onto me by family.
The feeling is probably mutual, the Military require people who can make sound decisions and show true leadership qualities, so the Military don't need you either.

I'm surprised to be honest that somewhere along the recruitment process you didn't get sussed out as a time waster.

Good luck in your new job as a financial assistant, as you say, hardly the most salubrious of careers.

So you dont like the Army which is long standing by sound of it but you wanted to go to RLC to get "driving licences" which lets face it is car and truck....thats it. Well until you have been in a bit and you may get some of the fun ones. Yet your career aspiration outside of the army is financial assistant.
So here is the thing, Master CH joined the Infantry last year. Went up to ITC, lasted month and a bit (dont quote me). Binned it because of.....a bird. I kind of disowned him for a good few weeks knowing because he was doing well in his Platoon and having a quick chat with his training Cpl, he would regret it.
Sure enough grass in the middle of COVID was dry and not greener! Joined back up, even keeping his same number! Sailed through ITC and passed out few weeks ago and is now in his parent unit, all sorted. The bird...binned on first leave after training. Me thinks its sad girlfriend issues and not your aspiration to be the next Governor of the Bank Of England.

Last edited:
Leave, and make room for someone who may have some commitment.
You can do driving licences outside the military. If you were informed you can join, get all your tickets, leave and earn more, then they were talking nonsense.
I have read this thread, and none of it makes sense.
If you don‘t want to join the army, that’s fine. Don’t block the system for those that might want to.

You do seem to get a lot of time on your mobile during the day....
I did not have a minute to spare in my Basic and I was REME

The irony with the OP is he really does need to finish basic to straighten his wet spaghetti spinal cord.
Finance in a Law Firm? Involved in crucial high value fiscal decisions? Hope for his sake nepotism is strong there as right now I'd not give him an effing barista badge.
Meantime he's spunked a job up for someone perhaps of far better character who really needed the place ...till the next intake. Not to forget the tax payers' bill for doing sweet Fanny Adams.
Prick.

Hi.

Currently going to capbadge to RLC.

Both of my parents are ex-forces. Hence the reason they always pushed it on me. That’s the reason I think.

Mate. clearly both your parents either set the bar really low or they both hate you?

I hate all my kids, but I would beat them to death with a shitty stick if they decided to join the RLC

Joins military due to family pressure, dislikes it during basic, and bins it due to a job offer elsewhere?
Mmmm, considered a career in the theatre, have you?
You could be Really Useful

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Joins military due to family pressure, dislikes it during basic, and bins it due to a job offer elsewhere?
Mmmm, considered a career in the theatre, have you?
You could be Really Useful

I'm quite enthusiastic about this, you could say ardent

Ajclopasd

Swinger
I don’t see the problem really. It’s not for me and it’s not something I want to do. I’ve had previous history in the financial world. I worked for PwC as an Associate. (I’m not a young recruit) I have savings in my bank which would allow me to get back into civilian life easier. I also have a university degree.

Quite simply I’m the first to admit I’ve made a mistake and that I should not have signed the dotted lean. But at least I’ve experienced a little.

All the best and wish everyone who commented the very best in the future and your output is appreciated.

I don’t see the problem really. It’s not for me and it’s not something I want to do. I’ve had previous history in the financial world. I worked for PwC as an Associate. (I’m not a young recruit) I have savings in my bank which would allow me to get back into civilian life easier. I also have a university degree.

Quite simply I’m the first to admit I’ve made a mistake and that I should not have signed the dotted lean. But at least I’ve experienced a little.

All the best and wish everyone who commented the very best in the future and your output is appreciated.
Shouldn't you be training now?
Are you allowed your mobile phone during the day?

Biff chit or AWOL perhaps.
Even on a biff chit they will find something for him to do.
Anyone know if they are allowed mobiles during the day now?

Bullshit.

Yes. And it's a biff app now.

Not military related , but I worked in Bangkok for a few months some time ago.

We had a chap turn up Monday for a three month 'tour'.

Come 1100 on the Tuesday morning, he didn't come back from a coffee break.

Somebody went over to his desk and found his ID card, entry card and other bits and bobs neatly lined up on his desk, and a call to the hotel revealed that he'd booked out with all his bags a couple of hours previously, and was seen getting in to a taxi.

It was later found out that his wife had given birth to their first kid about a week earlier, and it appears that the magnitude of this hadn't struck him until he arrived on the far side of the world.

The fecking idiot.

Sorry to derail the thread

The intake after mine, buses arrive, people get out and the yelling starts, woman/girl picks up her case and walks off heading for the main gate. I have no idea how far she got because the main gate was about 2 miles away or if one of the staff intercepted her but she never came back.

Better than another of that intake who hung himself in his locker/wardrobe.

It was the Navy so nothing was that bad.

You seem to get a lot of 'downtime' are you injured ?
When are you allowed your phone?

You’re determined to have a pop at the OP. Leave them alone, it’s not a unique position they are in and you are obviously forgetting the sheer amount of pressure a young person is under from many directions.

I bet the OP has still made sure to take plenty of selfies in rig to impress girls on social media, and so he can dine out on "I was in the army once" stories for years to come.

Fair enough the army isn't for everyone and in a volunteer army you've got to enjoy it, but shitting hell working in finance sounds dull, regardless of earning opportunity.

I bet the OP has still made sure to take plenty of selfies in rig to impress girls on social media, and so he can dine out on "I was in the army once" stories for years to come.

Fair enough the army isn't for everyone and in a volunteer army you've got to enjoy it, but shitting hell working in finance sounds dull, regardless of earning opportunity.

It makes some people very rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.