Training not for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajclopasd

Swinger
Hi all. Recently got to training and I’m wanting to leave joining the army wasn’t something I wanted, I felt pressured to do it to please others and not myself. I joined training after receiving a job in something I was passionate about.
Do I have to do 28 days of service or can I put in my DAOR now?

alster29

Swinger
Hi all. Recently got to training and I’m wanting to leave joining the army wasn’t something I wanted, I felt pressured to do it to please others and not myself. I joined training after receiving a job in something I was passionate about.
Do I have to do 28 days of service or can I put in my DAOR now?
What do you not like about training, just wondering

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
how many days have you done?

have you spoken to your training staff/padre/WRVS

Ajclopasd

Swinger
Hi.

I have been here since the 27th of June. So this is my 10th day in. No I haven’t spoken to anyone about it. Although I think my Section Commander knows where my heart lies.

Before coming here I turned down a job at a law firm (Not as a lawyer) it was in the financial field which is my passion.
I said I’d give it a go and see what the first week is like but it’s not for me. I never thought it was going to be but others swayed my direction unfortunately.
Just need to know have I to do another 18 days of this? Or can I give in my DAOR now? So I can get back into civvie street and get in touch with that previous potential employer.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi.

I have been here since the 27th of June. So this is my 10th day in. No I haven’t spoken to anyone about it. Although I think my Section Commander knows where my heart lies.

Before coming here I turned down a job at a law firm (Not as a lawyer) it was in the financial field which is my passion.
I said I’d give it a go and see what the first week is like but it’s not for me. I never thought it was going to be but others swayed my direction unfortunately.
Just need to know have I to do another 18 days of this? Or can I give in my DAOR now? So I can get back into civvie street and get in touch with that previous potential employer.

talk to your training staff, they can advise you.

Ajclopasd

Swinger
What do you not like about training, just wondering
I don’t enjoy it at all. Fair enough you hear all this “It’s not meant to be enjoyable” I know all that but even some things your meant to enjoy such as your platoon. And how “it’s not the real army” I know all this. I never never wanted to join I was pressured into it.

Truth be told I just want to be out of here. I plan on going to speak to training staff in the next half an hour.

I don’t enjoy it at all. Fair enough you hear all this “It’s not meant to be enjoyable” I know all that but even some things your meant to enjoy such as your platoon. And how “it’s not the real army” I know all this. I never never wanted to join I was pressured into it.

Truth be told I just want to be out of here. I plan on going to speak to training staff in the next half an hour.
Hang in there. Experience has shown that the overwelming majority who leave early in the process, regret it and question the decision for the rest of their days.

Ajclopasd

Swinger
Hang in there. Experience has shown that the overwelming majority who leave early in the process, regret it and question the decision for the rest of their days.
I never wanted to be here in the first place. It was more family forcing it on me. It was more coming here for then rather than me doing it for myself.

Ny passion is in finance. And that’s a job I got offered before coming here.

I doubt I’ll regret it at all.

Hi.

Personally I'd get back in touch with that potential employer *first* but that's just me

Hi.

Of course it's not for everyone, but you've got this far.

What about considering this?

So that's goodbye then, very doubtful that you will succeed in life if you do not stand up for yourself, mummy /daddy pressured you? How old are you 15?

Out of curiosity, which corps/ regiment are you currently training with?

Do you still have a solid offer with that civilian firm?

I'm unsure as to why any parent would cajole their child into enlisting when they have suitable civilian prospects, what lies behind your parents' strong motives for you to serve if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks to Capita the recruitment pipeline is long enough and complex enough with enough opportunities for a NO GO that it is incredulous that anyone could make it to Phase 1 "accidentally".

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

I'm unsure as to why any parent would cajole their child into enlisting when they have suitable civilian prospects, what lies behind your parents' strong motives for you to serve if you don't mind me asking?

we used to get this all the time, like the "Grandad, dad and uncles were in" kind of pressure.

Some would leave, some wouldn't and some in both groups would regret it.

One lad was so homesick after 4 hours he tried to climb out of camp, was found by the guard hanging in the razor wire crying.

Ajclopasd

Swinger

Hi.

Currently going to capbadge to RLC.

Both of my parents are ex-forces. Hence the reason they always pushed it on me. That’s the reason I think.

Don’t think people don’t understand *I don’t want this job, or to be in the military* it was pushed onto me by family.
I don't think you understand I wasn't suggesting you don't leave...

Ajclopasd

Swinger
Thanks to Capita the recruitment pipeline is long enough and complex enough with enough opportunities for a NO GO that it is incredulous that anyone could make it to Phase 1 "accidentally".

Yes. The civilian firm is someone who’s close to me it’s their firm. The offer still stands.

Hi.

Currently going to capbadge to RLC.

Both of my parents are ex-forces. Hence the reason they always pushed it on me. That’s the reason I think.
right, putting to one side the genuine astonishment that all that notwithstanding you still let it get this far... and not remotely trying to persuade you to stay... have you got a plan for handling this with your parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads