Training / Linguist vs. OPMI Threads

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Davros_the_Dalek, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

I have removed these threads at the request of the author.

Seems that someone somewhere in the CoC got the wrong end of the banter stick and said author is getting some flak. :? :(

Any questions, PM me.

2. check your PMs guys.

3. yeah rgr that. cheers

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It seems a shame that someone who is not yet a member of the Armed Forces should be worrying about the effect on their future career of a few sentences of inconsequential banter; and it is also a pity that someone felt the need to intervene in this heavy handed manner. It seems to me that the vast majority of us who post on Arrse fully recognise the need to preserve opsec and persec, and certainly Davros and I are pretty assiduous about eliminating anything from here which seems likely to offend against these principles. A lot of annoying cr@p gets posted on Arrse but ultimately it doesn't affect the price of fish in any way at all and I would hate to think that anyone was going to break the law of the land by breaching Article Ten of the European Convention on Human Rights, which was incorporated into British law as the Human Rights Act 1998. Just as a reminder:

5. check your PMs again cpunk

6. Thanks for that timely reminder CPUNK.

Perhaps those in their ivory towers may wish to reflect upon their actions.

If you live in a glasshouse, dont throw stones.

7. hear hear 1771.

to those behind it - whilst friendly banter by a future recruit might be looked down upon by a couple of senior members, stabbing people in the back will undoubtedly be looked down upon by more. it is not one of our finest Corps traditions.

this is not the Mess, it is an open internet forum. whilst you may claim she posted (very limited) details about herself, her identity could only have been ascertained by a few people in certain senior positions. just because you were able to identify her from your uniquely privileged position, does not mean anyone else could. most of us feel she wasn't doing anything wrong.

i'm sure you've made a few people uncomfortable with your actions, and detracted from what arrse is all about. if you're a long term member... shame on you. if you're some sort of crusader against arrse...?

feel free to post a reply on here (under a new identity if you prefer). sure we'll all be interested to hear what you've got to say about this unpleasant matter.

8. Haha! Nice Sig CR!

But seriously, I totally agree. We all know that this is an internet forum and that we have to watch what we say.. but to be honest I think it's ridiculous to go to the lengths that have been, over something so ridiculous. How many of the rest of us say things on here using the veil of anonymity that we might not at say, the prizegiving at the Harman Trophy? (1st thing that came to mind! :p) I'd say most.. myself included. What would have been wrong with a simple PM to those concerned..? Now we have a potential recruit who thinks that the Corps are out to get her before her career has even started. Nice one. :roll:

Sometimes I think some have to remember that an internet forum is just that.. a forum. We can talk b0llocks that doesn't, as cpunk said, change the price of fish. You can walk away thinking what you like but at the end of the day, this is not HQ Int Corps and I'd hope that most realise that. I'd like to think that cpunk and myself along with help from the forum masses have it mostly covered when it comes to eliminating anything untoward. I'd also like to hope that most people would first approach a Mod if they have a problem with anything within this forum - that is at the end of the day what we are here for.

[Goes away back to work and awaits the fabled pat on the back.]

9. don't worry davros, when they court-martial you, i'll stand up and be counted :)

10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

It would certainly be interesting to see what an employment tribunal would make of all this. It's my view that whoever is responsible for leaning on GreenGirl would do well to make it clear to her that she has nothing whatsoever to fear from her contributions to Arrse, provided that she does not compromise security in any way which, bearing in mind that she is an unvetted civilian and won't have been given access to any classified material, is somewhat unlikely.

11. i think it is more likely that the culprits will sit tight and hope nobody knows who they are. doesn't seem like that sort of moral contribution is likely to be forthcoming from people who acted like they did.

face it, you've taken a girl who had a good sense of humour and took to the banter straight away, made us all laugh and is probably going to fit right in to the Corps... and made her a little fearful of comebacks when she gets into your realm at chicksands.

why, exactly?

12. The complainant was probably the same sort of person that insists you go to a Sect/Coy/Bn piss up (or other trivial non-3 line whip event) when you actually have something else outside the army you've arranged to do first. They'll then feed you the immortal line, whilst smiling "Of course you don't have to go" Then of course you know if you don't attend it's sh!t CR time. Sigh :cry:

13. Any chance one of you Lightsiding tawts can breach OPSEC and let the ginger step-children of the Corps know what's going on?

14. check your pms in a minute ladyboy ;)

15. Cheers mucker.