Training in my last week of waiting

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by darylc, Nov 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Next week is my last week at home before I leave for Phase 1. What I want to know is wether I should keep doing my usual training, up it or take it down a bit?

Thanks in advance.

2. Have a rest.

/thread

3. May I ask what your reasoning behind this is? I'm not dismissing it, merely asking. The last thing I want is to arrive not at my 100% best

4. I'd suggest resting. Don't want to risk an injury and it will mean you turn up as well rested and fresh as possible. Not talking about your foot odour by the way :p

At the very least take 2-3 days before you go to just relax and square away any personal stuff you need to sort out etc. Be gutting for you if you were to suffer an injury this week eh

5. My reasoning is that, you wont lose any fitness in a week - in fact it will give your muscles time to heal up and repair themselves fully before the exertions they will go through in training. Not to mention you don't want to risk anything daft happening injury-wise that would prevent you getting through phase 1.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Funny you should mention injuries. I have a paranoid fear that I'll get injured on my first day. Fair shout though, I suppose the question is that, if I lose that much fitness in a week, was I that fit to start with? A week wont hurt I suppose