training for P Coy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by El_Burno, Feb 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello all. im thinking of transfering from my TA logistics unit to an Airborne Arty unit (TA) when i can drive, finish college etc (9 - 12 months). i maybe starting a bit early but was wondering if anybody out there can give me tips on training. im 5' 11" and pissed Phys on cmsr. the one main thing for me is the 20 miler, can you realistically train for it, or is that the point? i.e you cant so mind over matter etc? ive asked me dad about when he did it and he just said "fcuking get on withit and dont jack" is that all there is to it?

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

El Burno,

There is no 20 miler on the TA P Coy.

http://www.army.mod.uk/para/4bn.htm

gives loads of links to P Coy etc. As to the training question, it has been done to death. Use the search function and the knowledge will be yours.

Duke

3. El Burno

run yourself into the ground, when you're knackered - pick yourself up and do it again.

find someone local with a BBC and ask their advice. It will be a lot more useful than some of the comments youll get on here.

I personally havent done P Coy - but ive had plenty experience of 'picking up the pieces'

4. In that case don't comment.

You hat.

5. my humble apologies to Sid the Sexist

didnt see the sign - NO HATS! at the start of the thread

BP20 - one of the few non Regt males who could safely drink in the 5s!

6. Why, did you go disguised as a fat Shot bird with morals of a dubious nature?

7. regt sweatshirt and stilleto's, classy!

8. this poor scab-lifter is the one that picks you up, patches you up then flings you back in with the lions

if youve gone through P Coy in recent times, then we'll have crossed paths