Training film "Medicine in Vietnam" anybody remember it?

Anybody remember this 1960's era training film? Not good to watch after a night on the piss or a dodgy kebab, there was always somebody rushing for the exit ready to hurl. The battlefield wounds were bad enough, but the blobby knobs tended to put one off the forthcoming NAAFI growler. Does it still get shown or has it been sent to the big history vault in the sky?

I think this has been mentioned on here a few times before.

It's almost as good as the Impetiligo film they used to show us.

I saw it before my nam tours.

Chelten'am
Birmin'am

etc etc.

Your price for banging it onto DVD is?

Cheers RM that's the one

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
remember seeing that on cadet camp at RAF Halton in the eighties. I was one of the few that didnt hurl, but I was close to it.

I remember them peeling the black skin of the driver of the fuel bowser...revealing a white skin underneath!

I remember them peeling the black skin of the driver of the fuel bowser...revealing a white skin underneath!
Wah shield up...
Hence the MJ comment!
Wah shield down...

No wah...the bloke didn't even look like MJ. I wonder what he looks like now??

No wah...the bloke didn't even look like MJ. I wonder what he looks like now??
Quite possibly an urban (military) legend, but I was told he sued the US Army for scrubbing his skin off.

ah, the old medics in 'Nam video...yup, it was grim, and yup, it went on in the pigs bar every time after a session down town!!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
the colour trauma doctor magazines the MO used to get were good and graphic for that sort of thing. we used to get some poor lad in with something minor then open one up to a suitable wound debriding graphic like a training manual - great fun

the US medical services used to have an online field hospital training website with loads of clips and techniques on.

simplest tool for downloading online clips is realplayer. no messing around with urls or cut and paste you just click on the pop up.