Training as a Physiotherapist

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Interceptor, Aug 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently a Royal Signals officer and have been for the last 8 years. I am starting to look to the future and towards a change of career. I am very interested in training as a physio.

Do any of you out there in Medical Land have any experience of mid-life retraining as a physio? I am especially interested in anyone who came from a non-medical background.

2. Hi There

I joined the physio student world following a career in engineering and I have to say it was the best thing I have ever done.

As with all things in life it has its drawbacks. Normally you will require A-levels to get onto a physio degree course which may mean night school. Places are limited therefore competative but if you show enough enthusiasm you should be ok.

the job situation for newly qualified physio's is a bit grim at the minute but hopefully it wont be the case by the time you qualify.

On the up side it is an increadibly rewarding job that offers oppertunities for travel and experiences you wouldn't get anywhere else. ( you can tell I'm an enthusiast). Not the best paid job in the world but it has its own rewards and you wont starve!!!

Good luck whatever you try to do and see if you can get some work experience with the physio's where you are based.
  3. Don a tracksuit, grab some elastic bands and away you go. Oh don't forget the cakes and tea bags. That will impress the DS
  4. Are you looking at becoming an Army physio? - if so you will have a much improved chance of selection if you are blond and female.
  5. I thought that all female physios were blonde - and have to wear a ridiculous amount of gold jewellery too. 8O
  6. I mis-read the thread title and thought it was about that well known sex attacker Physio The Rapist.
  7. PoisonDwarf - with a name like that are you sure you are not a physio yourself???