• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Training areas-Scotland

Was wondering if anyone could suggest any decent areas in Scotland. Dont know the Trg areas there that well but looking for somewhere within a few hours of Edinbrugh.

Have in mind somewhere with either afghan style compounds (or could be used as) or even old NI patrol bases. Really I just want to put someone in a sangar, and maybe practice opening and closing gates.

cheers

Was wondering if anyone could suggest any decent areas in Scotland. Dont know the Trg areas there that well but looking for somewhere within a few hours of Edinbrugh.

Have in mind somewhere with either afghan style compounds (or could be used as) or even old NI patrol bases. Really I just want to put someone in a sangar, and maybe practice opening and closing gates.

cheers
used to be lots of space around Cultybraggan if I remember correctly.

Cheers

The stuff at Swynnerton would be ideal, but just a bit too far to travel from Edinbrugh!

Have used barry butlans, the pentlands and garleoch head (sp?), all good areas, but not quite what im after this time!

I can't think of any training areas in Scotland with Afghan mock ups or FOBs.

Your best bet would be heading a couple hours South to Otterburn/Warcop.

Kirkcudbright has a ex tankie training area, alternatively you could use the airfield outside of West Freugh.

closer to 3 hours from Edinburgh but think of the scenary.

B

Biscuits_AB

Livingston, Glasgow, Cowdenbeath, Paisley, Dunfermline, Stirling, Dundee. Aberdeen if you take the train.

M

Mr_Logic

Why don't you check the relevant Land Forces Standing Order (LFSO). From memory it is LFSO 1406, which lists all training areas, the available facilities and the method of booking.

Kirkcudbright has a NI patrol base compete with fence and sangars.

It also has some nice live fire areas and some very nice range staff, IIRc you can fire everything up to and including MLRS there.

Latest Threads