Trainee IT Technician - Nationwide

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by Olive_Jobs, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Olive_Jobs

Olive_Jobs Sponsor

We are currently looking to recruit ex Forces candidates and dependants wishing to find a new challenge in the Field of IT. We are looking for candidates that have little or NO current IT experience or knowledge as full training will be given. Our preference is to find candidates with good interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude
    As an (Trainee) IT Technician you will be field based usually covering a 50 mile radius of your home. You will travel to a local Pick up and Drop Off point or PUDO for parts etc. Then out to various customers including Military bases to fix minor faults or install new equipment. The role suits someone ideally looking for a new challenge that has the interpersonal skills and drive to deliver good customer service. The role offers an excellent way to break into the IT industry as further training would be given to those candidates that flourished in the role.
    Key Skills

Good Interpersonal skills
    Can-do attitude
    Can work well on their own autonomy as a part of a larger team
    Motivated and determined

Some IT, Telecoms, or Electrical Background
    Own vehicle
    Hold or have held SC Clearance or above

Salary & Benefits
    If successful at interview initially 1 weeks free practical residential training would be given in Crewe Cheshire. Our offices are within close proximity to Crewe Railway station. Accommodationand Travel Costs are not covered or provided unfortunately. The role itself would be Temporary/ contract with an estimated salary pro rata of £16k per annum with the opportunity to earn overtime. A van maybe be provided with mileage rate. Candidates performing particularly well in the role over a 12 month period would be awarded with further FREE training to A+ level.
    To apply please send a covering letter and CV via email to Can applicants please include two references that could be contacted asap.[hr]Click for more information about this job......
  2. Tell me is this a genuine job offer, or a poorly veiled attempt to flog one of your courses ? I think I can guess which.