trainee clinical physiologist (and a few others)

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Burnsie83, Jun 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am interested in pursing a career in the army as a trainee clinical physiologist. I started my application in the summer of 2008 after completing an MSc in exercise physiology, however I was subsequently offered a good (current) job as a civilian in the Police (in the medical department). As the selection weekend for the army was not until the winter (Nov) of 2008, I felt I was unable to reject the offer for work from the police in the hope that I gained paid employment many, many months down the line.

Since then a lot of water has passed under the bridge, not least of course, the banking crisis and subsequent economic downturn. This has seen funding to public sector slashed in three important areas; the police (current employer), the military (possible future employer), the NHS and university sector (training providers for the role of clinical physiologist).

I was therefore wondering whether any knows if the army currently has any plans to recruit for the role of a trainee clinical physiologist (esp with this golden welcome scheme)? I understand that these roles and training schemes are sometimes offered by the NHS on ‘civi’ street, but again of course, these are decreasing. Furthermore, at my ‘stage’ of life (28 years old) I am unfortunately unable to study clinical physiology without the financial support that the NHS or army would provide (i.e. I can’t go back to uni).

(In addition, if anyone thinks that the army will be running selections for trainee radiographer or biomed scientist than I would be interested in that too).

Thanks for the time in reading this.

Many thanks

B

2. Talk about hedging your bets fella... are there any other AMS Trades you are interested in too?

Clinical Physiology, 5 Years at Uni... You'll be employed in an NHS Hospital full time as they don't deploy (remind me again why we have them?)