Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Train journeys will be a bit duller from now?

From an artistic pov, some street art is a joy to see. And I have seen some absolute quality pieces.
There is an Hairdressers on Norwood Road, in Herne Hill (about a mile from Loughborough Junction Rail Station), which has a spray painted picture of a woman's face on the roller shutter. I believe that the owner paid the artist a couple of grand for the work. And it genuinely is a beautiful piece.
However, I have nothing but contempt for these little sh1ts whom criminally deface trains and other private property.

Have you seen the carrier fisher image in Peckham done in a similar way? There are some very talented artists out there.

Have you seen the carrier fisher image in Peckham done in a similar way? There are some very talented artists out there.
No. I haven't. I have stated that I have seen some lovely works of art. The talent of some of these people is undeniable. My youngest daughter has a 4ft x 2ft spray painted canvass picture of a night time London skyline hanging above her bed, which her mum bought for her from the Lambeth Country Show a couple of years ago.

There is an Hairdressers on Norwood Road, in Herne Hill (about a mile from Loughborough Junction Rail Station), which has a spray painted picture of a woman's face on the roller shutter. I believe that the owner paid the artist a couple of grand for the work. And it genuinely is a beautiful piece.
No. I haven't. I have stated that I have seen some lovely works of art. The talent of some of these people is undeniable. My youngest daughter has a 4ft x 2ft spray painted canvass picture of a night time London skyline hanging above her bed, which her mum bought for her from the Lambeth Country Show a couple of years ago.

The key difference, of course, is that someone actually asked for those. So no trespass, no vandalism, and lest we forget, no standing in front of an effing train to do it...

On an unrelated note, good to see that the ad server has a sense of humour

C5CB7177-DA6F-4ABC-9894-527499A9D194.png

A few years back, a couple of 'artists' were caught in the act in my hood (I'm down with the language) at 0-darkH00, thrown in the back of a van, and had their paint cans emptied all over them, including hair, clothing, shoes, ears etc, and transported 10kms out of town.
And dumped.

A few years back, a couple of 'artists' were caught in the act in my hood (I'm down with the language) at 0-darkH00, thrown in the back of a van, and had their paint cans emptied all over them, including hair, clothing, shoes, ears etc, and transported 10kms out of town.
And dumped.

What town, where?..... just curious!