Train journeys will be a bit duller from now?

This bloke was clearly dead, what with the brains hanging out a hole in the head! That was the whole problem why the BTP Sgt wanted him off the line, so they could get the trains going again. I was a bit more worried about what HM Coroner would say.

This whole thing was about a chap who was on day leave from a hospital (he apparently had some mental health needs). Anyway, I did remember hearing the missing persons circulation over the radio earlier in the shift.

Whilst at the railway line, I called the doctor and asked for a description.

I do remember having to suppress a smile when gently interrupting the doctor and saying, "you're wasting your time, I just need the clothing....." Rather gave the game away.

I have a hysterical story (well, I think it is funny) about doing dead-hand fingermark sets when the body was properly messed up. But probably best kept in the darkness that is my rather weird mind.

I'm sure loads of funny dead person stories knock around here, maybe we should start a separate thread?

Or just wait six months and do some thread necromancy?

(See what I did there?!)
Maybe a thread would work - I know there are some horror stories but maybe typing it would release some of the upset, a sort of release? I don't know and I don't want to meddle but if its a cathartic exercise lets go for it....people don't have to read it.....

The BBC says that police are 'forensically examining' the train. For what? It hit the three men on or near tracks. They ought not to have been there. What is there to discover? We're not in Hercule Poirot territory.

From the Evening Standard;

There was unconfirmed speculation that the three may have heard the train coming and lay down, but on the wrong line.
If they were laying down to avoid being seen, tough luck, wrong line.
but if they were laying down hoping the train would pass over them - well that sounds like wrong tactic.

Link

Like cyclists getting killed by trucks.

I went to one where the truck had turned left, and the cyclist got taken up into the wheel arch and killed. I was impressed (probably wrong word) at how intact the body was.

London Fire Brigade were actually videoing the body recovery (with a bunch of us holding up sheets to try and shield people from the spectacle, and give this poor sod some final dignity) as a "how to" get them out, because it was so tricky.
Christ that's just sent shivers down my spine.

That happened to me twenty odd years ago in Ipswich, fortunately I managed to grab hold of the rail on the side of the trailer with my feet bouncing off the road 6" away from the back wheels - I ended up holding on to the bottom of the truck for around 50m before the driver stopped, my mountain bike wasn't quite as lucky, it ended up as a green and black Ammaco banana.

I was shaking like a shitting dog for the rest of the week, and didn't buy a new bike for a couple of years.

Families have paid tribute to the three ‘artists’, K-bag, Lover and Trip and many have left messages saying ‘Rest in Paint’ What?!!
A couple of 23 year olds and a 19 year old, who by all accounts were great lads. Predictably, the ‘graffiti community’ are up in arms about the comments from Brian Cooke, a former board member of Transport for London, who described them as ‘scum’.
Well, I personally think Mr Cooke has got it spot on and I truly hope he is not hounded into making an apology just to keep the usual suspects happy.

From the Evening Standard;

If they were laying down to avoid being seen, tough luck, wrong line.
but if they were laying down hoping the train would pass over them - well that sounds like wrong tactic.

Link
Harrison was loved by everyone, he was an intelligent and wonderful boy
Was he fuk. I for one think he was a criminal, an idiot & a young adult who, if he lived should have spent the rest of his life paying for all the damage he'd done.
They're nowt but scribbling tossers.

Last edited:
On London Live just now, 'It's thought that as it was dark they didn't hear the train approaching until it was too late.' I fecking despair of reporters in this country.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
On London Live just now, 'It's thought that as it was dark they didn't hear the train approaching until it was too late.' I fecking despair of reporters in this country.
I can't hear you, let me put my glasses on.

They seem to be more of a whitish hue, f'kin wiggers!
Tributes to graffiti artists hit by train

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Messages were left to the trio under the "tags" of Kbag, Lover and Trip on social media.

"Many read "Rest In Paint", alongside images of painted tags on trains and walls."

That's class, although I'm surprised that there's been no "Rest in Pieces".