Train journeys will be a bit duller from now?

I feel sorry for the poor sods who had to go out and look the the bits and collect them.
I had a funny argument with a British transport police sergeant at a suicide on a railway.

I wanted to put the blokes head in a bag as we moved him off the railway, because I could see what was going to happen. Well, obviously the Sgt was not going to listen to me and insisted we pick it up and move him.

Halfway off the tracks the head spilled brains everywhere. I was left to pick up the bits. I was a bit pissed off, as i had already gone and found his feet (in shoes) amputated and sent up the railways a bit.

I remember onlookers seeing me picking bits up, and I wondered if they could hear my mumbling of "****ing stupid sergeant, I said the head would fall apart and who has to pick the bloody bits up, oh no why would he listen to me?"

Still being annoyed at the thick skipper took my mind off walking around with handfulls of brains that I was trying to clear up.

Another night that my other half found me in the kitchen drinking whiskey looking out the window and slowly thinking over things.

I had a funny argument with a British transport police sergeant at a suicide on a railway.

I wanted to put the blokes head in a bag as we moved him off the railway, because I could see what was going to happen. Well, obviously the Sgt was not going to listen to me and insisted we pick it up and move him.

Halfway off the tracks the head spilled brains everywhere. I was left to pick up the bits. I was a bit pissed off, as i had already gone and found his feet (in shoes) amputated and sent up the railways a bit.

I remember onlookers seeing me picking bits up, and I wondered if they could hear my mumbling of "****ing stupid sergeant, I said the head would fall apart and who has to pick the bloody bits up, oh no why would he listen to me?"

Still being annoyed at the thick skipper took my mind off walking around with handfulls of brains that I was trying to clear up.

Another night that my other half found me in the kitchen drinking whiskey looking out the window and slowly thinking over things.
That must be horrendous. Best of luck coping with all that shit.
Edited to add: I wanted to give your post a like, but it didn’t seem appropriate.

Last edited:
That must be horrendous. Best of luck coping with all that shit.
Whiskey, solves many things.

Maybe I am a bit damaged goods, the dead ones were easy. The ones that lived despite injuries or suicide attempts were a bit trickier to laugh off. I couldn't cope with hurt children after a while.

Cheers anyway mate.

For those who have expressed sympathy for the driver, it seems that it is not required in this case, according to the report in the OP they still haven’t identified the train involved.

Three men killed by train in south London
Looks like three nocturnal artistes met their end last night while enhancing the built environment in the Brixton area
That grey Victorian engineering brick would seem so dreary without a splash of colour and vibrancy

And don’t be going up there with tealights and teddies, sounds like few emergency escapes
Don't know about it being duller. I expect there will now be three portable shrines installed while a more permanent effort is prepared. With any luck his Imperial Purpleness will play a joker and the grief mongers will will have a similar encounter with some rolling stock while holding a minute silence at the scene.

If they manage to get some teddies at the scene the railway workers could have some fun. Round here we had a shrine with masses of teddies for a driver with F1 potential. One night somebody turned it into a teddy orgy with bears engaged in all manner of lascivious acts. Even better they were in trees, on buildings, lampposts, signs, somebody had made a real go of it. Took at least a week to clear it all up.

Been there and done it brother! The day I retired from the job was like a huge weight being lifted from my shoulders. Unfortunately a lot of the things you have seen and will see will never leave you later in life.

View attachment 338778
My tribute to shit, criminal graffiti artists, created with the same care and attention as their own efforts. Good riddance and sympathies with the poor driver who had to witness it.
Did you just assume the colour and gender of those stick people?

Did you just assume the colour and gender of those stick people?
Completely unintentional! Just demonstrating to you all how completely shit I am at art and also tinkering with photographs (whatever that is called)!

Completely unintentional! Just demonstrating to you all how completely shit I am at art and also tinkering with photographs (whatever that is called)!
Too late. You are a wacist misogynist and I am calling on ARRSE to no-platform you so that my bubble of universal love and tofu worship is not pricked by reality.

Too late. You are a wacist misogynist and I am calling on ARRSE to no-platform you so that my bubble of universal love and tofu worship is not pricked by reality.
Busted by a snowflake! :grin:

Here here. I think arrse should sponsor a series of gender neutral racially inclusive (people who self identify as ironic space hoppers or really small mountains obviously welcome as well) 'safe spaces' which might just happen to have bfo freight trains passing through them regularly.

and sustain themselves financially
Is there much money or indeed a career in Railway Embankment Urban Folk Art? I think the BBC should commission an enormously expensive yet utterly useless documentary about the subject, preferably fronted by Grayson Perry.

Is there much money or indeed a career in Railway Embankment Urban Folk Art? I think the BBC should commission an enormously expensive yet utterly useless documentary about the subject, preferably fronted by Grayson Perry.
Yentob's a shoe in for that load of old clunkers!