Train journeys will be a bit duller from now?

The answer has to be bring back steam. There is absolutely no point to Graffiti if no can see it under all that soot and the chance of of a lung full of cinders just as the night Mail passes through- wonderful days watching Jubillees hurtling down from Tring, standing on the Bridge at Hemel waiting for the updraft.
Oh, the good old days!.

:grin: Sorry no, just an ordinary Anglican who gets a bit fed up with the expectation that we should be nice all the time.

It was very tempting. A senior colleague suggested making referance the fact that it was fortunate that he didn't take anyone with him.
The family were seeking to blame everyone but their offspring. At a visit before the funeral one of them was all for suing the council as the road must have been dangerous. I later heard that someone had been to see the local garage who had sold the boy two part worn tyres 12 months previously and threatened him.......

I do wonder when I read that God made us all in His own image that there are times when the Almighty should have gone to Specsavers.
Normally I have **** all time for those of a religious persuasion. But I might just make an exception in your case.

Anyhoo, back on thread.

I fail to see how the media can report them as graffiti artists, not one of them had won the Turner Prize. Thus it wasn't art it was vandalism. Although they did win a prize - a Darwin Award, probably "and Bar". Or rail.

Normally I have **** all time for those of a religious persuasion. But I might just make an exception in your case.

Anyhoo, back on thread.

I fail to see how the media can report them as graffiti artists, not one of them had won the Turner Prize. Thus it wasn't art it was vandalism. Although they did win a prize - a Darwin Award, probably "and Bar". Or rail.
Mr Scum, thank you for your vote of confidence. Not all of us Godbothers are sanctimonious little tits, although there are plenty that are, although they are currently out numbered by the ineffective and don't want to offend but nice and fluffy brigade.

I agree with your point about 'artists'. Turner was an artist, as were Dali, Rembrant, Holman Hunt and many others. These are (were) misguided, impressionable little wallies at the best and criminally minded, destructive vandals at worst and I cannot understand how anyone can stand up and defend their actions. I wonder if it comes under aiding and abetting?

Some people do this type of job all the time,[RTA etc] How the feck they do it I don't know,
I've only done that one clean up , more than enough for me
My old man saw a few in his time in the Army.. then became a SOCO. It’s a heck of a burden.

He probably thought he'd enjoy splitting up floorboards into splinters, with a blunt chisel, stealing the only pathway possible for pipework for plumbers, and plastering up channels with plaster on a shovel like all the other fuckin' sparkies

I say old man, that's not the British way, as you well know the sparkies are royalty on site, commanding the utmost respect, and first crack in access ways, risers, under floor boards, and across false ceilings, and should be shown due reverence at all times, your scathing comments towards my highly qualified fellow electrical installation colleague, well, its just not cricket old chap, I assume you must be one of the lower orders, chippy, or plumber, or even,... and it hurts to even mention it,... a spread, if so all I can is........ F*** orf.

I have been following this post with interest. I fail to understand how the parents and some in the wider community can justify any aspect of this.
If the little blighters had not been breaking the law then they would still be alive today, end of story.
I am afraid that I have no sympathy with anyone who decides to not to follow the law of the land and then whinge about any consequences.
I took a funeral a while ago of a young lad who was killed in an RTC. Drunk, pilled up, driving a dangerous car, no licence. I really struggled when family and friends started describing this chap in such glowing terms and they all failed to acknowledge that the little sod had done anything wrong. At the service I preached on the choices that we make, sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. It did not go down well as I had dared to suggest that young Fred Bloggs may have been the cause of his own demise.

The world is full of entitled, snowflaky, little scrotes who seem to think that they have a God given right to behave in anyway they see fit and are not responsible for their actions.

Rant over.

Padre, I've no time for organised religion, or most of its practitioners, but you come across as a more down to earth person, and the first one on these threads that have evolved into the 21st century. Your thoughts and comments on this particular occurrence should be published in the church times, as an object lesson on how the clergy should confront parental guidance, education of the young, and plain speaking, even if it does shake up the resident sky pilot population.... Respect.

once I learnt that the feed rail was 630v DC, and some have split voltage rails, I lost any interest in going near them
and i grew in in Sarf Lahndan
back in the 70s a few skoolmates used to get onto the lines, I dont think they spray painted stuff, just set things on fire and generally caused a lot of damage, but they were not the brightest lights on the christmas tree
On that bit alone, I wouldn't come to you for advice on electric installations.

Its nothing to do with the "class" of these feckless individuals; the entire main stream media, press and public sector are lauding them and their ilk as talented artists, part of "street art culture"
I'd laugh my balls off if it turned out that these idiots were spraying "NF" and swastikas down there. I'm sure the media's tune would change very quickly.