Train journeys will be a bit duller from now?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
once I learnt that the feed rail was 630v DC, and some have split voltage rails, I lost any interest in going near them
and i grew in in Sarf Lahndan
back in the 70s a few skoolmates used to get onto the lines, I dont think they spray painted stuff, just set things on fire and generally caused a lot of damage, but they were not the brightest lights on the christmas tree

I have been following this post with interest. I fail to understand how the parents and some in the wider community can justify any aspect of this.
If the little blighters had not been breaking the law then they would still be alive today, end of story.
I am afraid that I have no sympathy with anyone who decides to not to follow the law of the land and then whinge about any consequences.
I took a funeral a while ago of a young lad who was killed in an RTC. Drunk, pilled up, driving a dangerous car, no licence. I really struggled when family and friends started describing this chap in such glowing terms and they all failed to acknowledge that the little sod had done anything wrong. At the service I preached on the choices that we make, sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. It did not go down well as I had dared to suggest that young Fred Bloggs may have been the cause of his own demise.

The world is full of entitled, snowflaky, little scrotes who seem to think that they have a God given right to behave in anyway they see fit and are not responsible for their actions.

Rant over.

once I learnt that the feed rail was 630v DC, and some have split voltage rails, I lost any interest in going near them
back in the 70s a few skoolmates used to get onto the lines, I dont think they spray painted stuff, just set things on fire and generally caused a lot of damage, but they were not the brightest lights on the christmas tree
I hail from north London but had cousins in Peckham/Camberwell and we used to go on the lines over there and throw bits of fence wire to bridge the gap between the live and earth rail with quite spectacular results.

Maybe our paths crossed or my cousins might have been schoolmates.

The answer has to be bring back steam. There is absolutely no point to Graffiti if no can see it under all that soot and the chance of of a lung full of cinders just as the night Mail passes through- wonderful days watching Jubillees hurtling down from Tring, standing on the Bridge at Hemel waiting for the updraft.

I have been following this post with interest. I fail to understand how the parents and some in the wider community can justify any aspect of this.
If the little blighters had not been breaking the law then they would still be alive today, end of story.
I am afraid that I have no sympathy with anyone who decides to not to follow the law of the land and then whinge about any consequences.
I took a funeral a while ago of a young lad who was killed in an RTC. Drunk, pilled up, driving a dangerous car, no licence. I really struggled when family and friends started describing this chap in such glowing terms and they all failed to acknowledge that the little sod had done anything wrong. At the service I preached on the choices that we make, sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. It did not go down well as I had dared to suggest that young Fred Bloggs may have been the cause of his own demise.

The world is full of entitled, snowflaky, little scrotes who seem to think that they have a God given right to behave in anyway they see fit and are not responsible for their actions.

Rant over.
Are you a member of the Westboro Baptist Church Padre? :)

Rant over.

No rant good sir, commiserate with every contributor to this thread . Mum & Dad will not, can not admit that their little Johnny is a total piss flap, its an admission of parental failure, and their lack of control, guidance and basic social education.

Rant over.

It must have been a short sermon......... "Serve the little cnut right. "

Did you get paid for your eulogy ?

Coming from a sparks, I find your comment quite funny, and wonder if the thought of getting the ultimate pisser, swayed your carrer choice.

Are you a member of the Westboro Baptist Church Padre? :)
:grin: Sorry no, just an ordinary Anglican who gets a bit fed up with the expectation that we should be nice all the time.

It must have been a short sermon......... "Serve the little cnut right. "
It was very tempting. A senior colleague suggested making referance the fact that it was fortunate that he didn't take anyone with him.
The family were seeking to blame everyone but their offspring. At a visit before the funeral one of them was all for suing the council as the road must have been dangerous. I later heard that someone had been to see the local garage who had sold the boy two part worn tyres 12 months previously and threatened him.......

I do wonder when I read that God made us all in His own image that there are times when the Almighty should have gone to Specsavers.

Coming from a sparks, I find your comment quite funny, and wonder if the thought of getting the ultimate pisser, swayed your carrer choice.
He probably thought he'd enjoy splitting up floorboards into splinters, with a blunt chisel, stealing the only pathway possible for pipework for plumbers, and plastering up channels with plaster on a shovel like all the other fuckin' sparkies

:grin: Sorry no, just an ordinary Anglican who gets a bit fed up with the expectation that we should be nice all the time.

I do wonder when I read that God made us all in His own image that there are times when the Almighty should have gone to Specsavers.
Padre, on the basis of this statement alone:
Proceed direct to Archbishop, do not pass Go.

Mr RumRationReject,
Thank you Sir.
Padre. I hope that you will forgive me for my impertinence towards your initial post, but I am an heretic, who is in a relationship with a French woman, who is both; a divorcee, and a follower of the Roman faith.
Am I beyond salvation?

Heretics seem to be welcomed with open arms these days.
Living in sin with a divorcee? Should be okay.
Papist? Not really a problem anymore, we stopped burning them a few hundred years ago.

French connection? Sorry chum, I think you may be pushing your luck....

Papist? Not really a problem anymore, we stopped burning them a few hundred years ago.

We seem to be on a similar wavelength.Any room for an apprentice Parttimepisseduppadre? to sit at you knee and learn from the Master?

Will a £1000 'donation' to the charity of your choice, help to grease a few palms at the Pearly Gates?

Padre. I hope that you will forgive me for my impertinence towards your initial post, but I am an heretic, who is in a relationship with a French woman, who is both; a divorcee, and a follower of the Roman faith.
Am I beyond salvation?

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.................................

Am I beyond salvation?

Is he not doing gods work with his sterling efforts at improving the Gene pool - and of course we might be able to reclaim the old Angevin bits of our heritage, which ok are going to take some heavy duty cleaning to get the smell of French out** but at least give us a nice spot for our holidays and perhaps decent wine.

**We could of course resort to the more traditional English method of cleansing France - but I think its a tad frowned upon to rape pillage and burn your way across a country ever since the 1940s after the Hermans proper kicked the arse out of it (that and persecuting the Jews which had been a popular pastime for all of us until they went ott.