Train journeys will be a bit duller from now?

Double-barrelled surnames these days are usually down to a sprog being given both of his (unmarried) parents’ surnames and are a bit of a combat indicator of chavdom. Especially when accompanied by the Christian (now termed “given”) names of Chardonnay, Aleesha, Merlot, Akeeesha, Chartreuse, Belisha, Sauvignon, Alopecia, Chlamydia or Blue Nun.
I thought it's both potential father's names, to be sure of the child support.

The part of this that confuses me is their reported tactic of laying down on the tracks/between the rails. The whole scheme is dangerous but that part is incomprehensible. Surely retain the ability to move quickly?
Just, nay proud, recipients of the Darwin Award.

The part of this that confuses me is their reported tactic of laying down on the tracks/between the rails. The whole scheme is dangerous but that part is incomprehensible. Surely retain the ability to move quickly?
They've probably seen someone do it in a film and think it's a cool thing to do. If they had actually seen how little room there is underneath a train between the bogies they wouldn't bother.

Criminals, that's what they were.
In my day they would have been quickly slapped with a 2-5-2

Edited; Just realised - not being a railway buff, that a 2-5-2 couldn't have existed, that's killed that one then.

Last edited:

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
I wonder if their parents would appreciate"Your son was a cnut" sprayed across the front of their respective gaffs?
Probably not. But then again they raised kids who didn’t give a sh*t about other people’s property.

Now they’ve linked the tags with the artists, could civil claims be made against their estates for the damage caused?

Radio 5 have reported one of the 'graffiti artist's' parents has said their son died doing something he loved.

Is it just me or are they suggesting he loved being hit by trains?

Radio 5 have reported one of the 'graffiti artist's' parents has said their son died doing something he loved.

Is it just me or are they suggesting he loved being hit by trains?
He loved committing criminal damage & costing commuters millions paying to clean off his shit.

I think that is SOP for railway workers caught unawares, not between the rails though.

I shudder reading some of the replies on this thread.
Many times when I was at the excuse for what the government called a school, in our lunch breaks we would go down and walk the train tunnels.
I remember we used to strike a match to show where the nearest refuge was from an approaching train.
Indeed one of my old schoolmates lost a couple of fingers whilst seeing how close he could get his hand to the train. He was a gluehead though and unbelievably to this day he still survives, having twice trying to top himself by jumping off of the same bridge and not landing in front of the train.
The overriding memory was hearing a train enter the tunnel and running to get into the refuge and tripping over a large piece of stuff next to the track.

That was what we used to do in the late seventies for shits and giggles.

The most scary memory that I have though is walking onto a frozen deep pond on Hampstead heath and hearing the ice crack beneath me and my mates feet.
I was well used to ice walking but only on the shallow ponds.
It was only later that I realized that if we went through we were gonnas.

One fan of their work wrote on Facebook: 'Sad news today, The Three Musketeers! RIP' and others posted photographs of them spraypainting all over London, including on its railway network and trains.

Another wrote in tribute: 'When I see new tags and graf track side I'm pleasingly reminded that we don't all live in a boring servile society. Among the adverts spoonfed to us are small reminders that there are thrills to be had. RIP K-Bag, Lover and Trip'.

I am gobsmacked by some of the scenarios this story throws up.
"Where are you off to love?"
"Just going to risk my life vandalising the railway, Mum"
"Ok. Well, supper is in the oven. Have fun"

What are these people's families and friends doing?!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The BBC says that police are 'forensically examining' the train. For what? It hit the three men on or near tracks. They ought not to have been there. What is there to discover? We're not in Hercule Poirot territory.
It would be an easy arrest if they could find out which train driver it was. After all, it isn't as if train drivers suffer when people leap in front of their trains.