Train drink ban

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sunami, Jun 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - ScotRail outlines train drink ban

Oh dear, I can see this going down a storm.

2. And this is going to be enforced how exactly?

3. Very gingerly.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Won't bother me then - I am usually pretty plastered by then!

• Like Like x 2
  5. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Result! the 10:05 from Edinburgh to Glasgow is going to be the party train. The 20:55 return is also going to be fun.

6. But what about the passengers? Won't someone think of the passengers?

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I fail to see a problem. By 21.00 it is dark so there is no opportunity to view "Yon bonnie banks and yon bonnie breas" so why the fuck would one want to be on a Scottish train? And at 10.00 one has digested the Full Scottish, railed at the headlines in the Telegraph and had a fag. There are deer to be shot so why the fuck would one want to be on a train?

They might as well ban hanging Jewish people on Scottish trains between these hours. Or ban the smoking of kippers. Or knitting.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yes, good to have a routine, mine is pissed by 10:00 and still pissed by 21:00 :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Like the many stupid laws in this damn fool country of ours: ignore it and don't get caught. If you aren't the type of person who carries out the actions that the law was written to prevent, then ignore it.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Actually, is it illegal to smoke kippers on a Scottish train? Or hang Jewish people? Or knit?

See, once you start thinking about what laws they may or may not have on Scottish trains, you're fucked.

Can you bring your goat into the first class bit if you have bought it a ticket? How many bags of turnips are allowed in the overhead rack? Can you dispose of unwanted soup down the toilet when the train is standing in a station?

Fuck me. I'm never going to get to sleep now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Only when you are on your way home from Lodge meetings.

12. But which rite. And where do the bargain basement RAOB keep their buffaloes?

13. Thinking about it the Birmingham branch keep them in the heads alongside the bison.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's my joke.