Train drink ban

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Result! the 10:05 from Edinburgh to Glasgow is going to be the party train. The 20:55 return is also going to be fun.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I fail to see a problem. By 21.00 it is dark so there is no opportunity to view "Yon bonnie banks and yon bonnie breas" so why the fuck would one want to be on a Scottish train? And at 10.00 one has digested the Full Scottish, railed at the headlines in the Telegraph and had a fag. There are deer to be shot so why the fuck would one want to be on a train?

They might as well ban hanging Jewish people on Scottish trains between these hours. Or ban the smoking of kippers. Or knitting.

C

count_duckula

Like the many stupid laws in this damn fool country of ours: ignore it and don't get caught. If you aren't the type of person who carries out the actions that the law was written to prevent, then ignore it.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Actually, is it illegal to smoke kippers on a Scottish train? Or hang Jewish people? Or knit?

See, once you start thinking about what laws they may or may not have on Scottish trains, you're fucked.

Can you bring your goat into the first class bit if you have bought it a ticket? How many bags of turnips are allowed in the overhead rack? Can you dispose of unwanted soup down the toilet when the train is standing in a station?

Fuck me. I'm never going to get to sleep now.

But which rite. And where do the bargain basement RAOB keep their buffaloes?
Thinking about it the Birmingham branch keep them in the heads alongside the bison.

G

goatrutar

Actually, is it illegal to smoke kippers on a Scottish train? Or hang Jewish people? Or knit?

See, once you start thinking about what laws they may or may not have on Scottish trains, you're fucked.

Can you bring your goat into the first class bit if you have bought it a ticket? How many bags of turnips are allowed in the overhead rack? Can you dispose of unwanted soup down the toilet when the train is standing in a station?

Fuck me. I'm never going to get to sleep now.
There's not enough headroom to hang a Jew on a train, you can't get a long enough drop when you boot the chair out.

C

cloudbuster

But which rite. And where do the bargain basement RAOB keep their buffaloes?
See, there's the thing; due to a typo, the Buffs have forever been tarred with having a link to the animal, when in actual fact the Antients worshipped a brand of Mozzarella.