Trail Cameras can be spotted by Nightvision?

Im thinking of buying a Bushnell trail camera to have a nose at what wildlife is around , they all seem to use infra red lights , so does this mean they will stick out like a sore thumb through night vision ? if so they can nicked by anyone out with NVGs who may be doing a bit of poaching or game watching, risky at nearly £200 a pop.

Just mount the IR light separately from the camera, and have a feed back to you.

Then when the scrote goes to check out the light, you can catch him on CCTV!

Sentry guns optional.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Im thinking of buying a Bushnell trail camera to have a nose at what wildlife is around , they all seem to use infra red lights , so does this mean they will stick out like a sore thumb through night vision ? if so they can nicked by anyone out with NVGs who may be doing a bit of poaching or game watching, risky at nearly £200 a pop.
There may be an advantage in having them spotted by poachers. Cross posted from the Finding God thread.

I found God three years ago in a secluded woodland forestry track, he was trying to get the alloys off my parked Pajero and didn't hear me approaching, that despite me dragging a dead Fallow calf and swearing at my over excited dogs.

It must have been God, because three days later when I went to look the body was gone!
Wordsmith

There are some trail cameras avail that have a small receiver, about the size of a bean tin you place nearby that backs up all on the camera, should said scrote take the camera at least you will have a picture of him doing it!. Some will upload pictures immediately to your mobile but come at a cost.

Question. Is it a constant IR or triggered by movement? (pir)

The latter has certainly less risk of theft and saves battery life.