Tragic Story

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by error_unknown, Jun 9, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I pass on my deepest sympathies to the family at this time, this is a tragic loss.

Me, my wife and son were sheltering in the furniture tent about 20 meters away from the balloon when it broke free. I had to shelter my son and wife when the tent we were sheltering in was ripped away by the wind. I havent seen weather like that in a long time.

Again deepest sympathy to the family.

2. My condolences also,to the family involved in this horrific tragedy.

3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Sorry to hear. It isn't uncommon to see the Wx i that part of Germany change rapidly, I've seen it myself on a number of occasions.

4. Even as a parent whose youngest is nearly five, I don't think I can truly imagine what the parents are going through.  My sympathy and prayers go out to them.

5. Truly horrific. I heard the show was cancelled, but I don't think a lot of the people there knew why.

Let's hope that this family receive every assistance and dignity they deserve.

6. This is truly awful. My deepest sympathies to all involved.

7. same here , i don't know how it happened , if i have a child myself i would watch her like a hawk it unfortunate but i don't want to lose my child as well as i can imagine how it would feel. :'(

my deepest sympathies to the famlies

8. My sincere sympathies.

Details are sketchy, and as mentioned in the report, the whole tragedy is being investigated. I do not wish you to think I am speculating on causes etc as this is neither the time nor the place.

However, an heroic attempt was made by one man, to grab hold of the balloon and weigh it down. Unfortunately the freak gust was stronger, and caused him to be swept away as well. He was able to let go, but was seriously injured as he fell to the ground.

9. My deepest sympathies to the family concerned.  As the father of a young family myself, I cannot begin to imagine how the parents of the poor girl are feeling right now.  My thoughts and prayers are with them.
    M2 :'(

10. My sympathies and prayers are with the family..how dreadfully sad  :'(
    Do hope the injured guy recovers soon.
                                                                       BB.