tragic news...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maguire, Jun 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

...not.

BBC News - Manchester chip litter killer Stuart Aherne found hanging

'A man jailed for life for stabbing a woman who asked him to pick up his litter has died after being found hanging in his cell.

Stuart Aherne was 18 when he killed Jean Ryder, 45, in Wythenshawe, Manchester, in 2003. He was sentenced to life in prison later that year.

The 26-year-old was found at HMP Lindholme, South Yorkshire, on Saturday morning.
    An investigation has begun, the Prison Service said.

Staff attempted to save Aherne but he was pronounced dead 10 minutes later.
    He had stabbed Mrs Ryder, later bragging about it to a friend, because she asked him to pick up a chip wrapper he had dropped in the street in February 2003.'

shame this couldnt have been done in 2003... eight years worth of room and board that could have been saved...

• Like Like x 14
  2. 1234567890

Attached Files:

3. Oh, what a terrible shame. Still, onward and upward eh?

4. God can be cruel sometimes.................
    However this time it appears there is no problem.

I do hope he was not good at knots and it dragged out a bit!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I hope lessons will be learned and this sad incident can be used to inspire others...

...a la Bridgend

6. "How sad. There, there. Never mind."

7. Just a pity he didn't do this a lot (8 years) earlier, or maybe even the country could have provided him with the rope......

8. Oddly enough, the bloke who ran off with my first mrs died in Bridgend aged 54 after she dumped him.

Fucking Karma, can't beat it :grin:

• Like Like x 6
  9. The candle that burns twice as bright only burns for half as long.

It's such a tragic waste, sleep well sweet prince, your work here is done

RIP

• Like Like x 12
  10. The way I look at it is that clearly he must have had a dreadful 8 years in prison to decide to throttle himself to death.

Money well spent really.

• Like Like x 2
  11. At this sad time I want to pass on my thanks to the staff of HMP Lindholme the poor cunts will have an investigation and a visit to coroners court. Deaths also come in three's.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oh well, what a shame......no loss. As bob the dog says, pity the cunt didn't do it right from the beginning, would have saved everyone a lot of time, money and trouble. People like him are the reason we should have the death penalty.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hope your right - that means 2 more no-hopers will test out the strength of their bedsheets, and the light fittings.

14. Wish this CNUT would do the same - Its the resource draining idiot from Strangeways (ITV series)

View attachment 45041

• Like Like x 6
  15. I wonder if there is a facefuck page i could crayon on. I hope he is rotting in hell.

• Like Like x 3