Trafficking of Romanian children to Slough

BBC Reports that nearly 90 children have arrived in Slough since the beginning of the year, having been trafficked into the UK from Romania.

BBC Webpage: Roma children flood into Slough

So, this is people trafficking for all to see in the South East, and from recent news articles the problem is increasing across Europe and the UK.

At a time when, massive news appeals are being made to find the toddler taken from her parent's apartment in Portugal last week, I wonder just how porous our borders are?

Are we a soft touch for people traffickers?

Why Slough? What's wrong with Basildon?

Baffled of Basildon 8O

Are these pikey kids from romania or romanian kids ? either way why are we having to pay for them send them back to romania.

ABrighter2006 said:
I wonder just how porous our borders are?
Our borders are very porous but porosity works both ways.

The BBC said:
The Borough Council does not know why it has been singled out but has been forced to set up a special team and spend £150,000 helping the children.
cheapflights.co.uk said:
Flights to Bucharest from less than £100
There is a very obvious solution.

The Borough Council don't care; they see it as an opportunity to extract more funding from central Government, enabling a virement and to spend the cash on various bone projects.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
We must consider the circumstances of the children first and foremost.

It can be readily assumed that the conditions from which they are escaping must be terrible indeed. Why else would they consider Slough as a good place to escape to?

Slough is similar to Romania, but without the vampires.

chocolate_frog said:
Slough is similar to Romania, but without the vampires.
Dear God! Perhaps the kids are vampires.

Did they travel by sea? Was the entire ship's company dead on arrival? Was the hold empty apart from a number of 6 foot by 3 foot crates? Has the virgin count in Slough dropped even lower than it was before? Do the kids shun the garlic bread at Pizza Hut?

We'd better get Van Halen on the case asap. He normally works with an assistant but, due to the risk of working with the undead, I think he should go again on his own.

The invasion of Polish plumbers was one thing but providing a haven for Romanian vampires is taking multiculturalism a step too far.

"The Council say more money is needed from the Government to help them with migrants otherwise other services could be cut"

No, more money is needed from the Govt to a) stop these leeches getting into the country in the first place and b) send the ones that got through our porous borders back to whence they came.

Aloysius said:
Van Halen? That should make them "Jump".
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ancient Mariner is an old man so leave him alone :twisted:

The_IRON said:
Aloysius said:
Van Halen? That should make them "Jump".
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ancient Mariner is an old man so leave him alone :twisted:
My reference to Van Halen's 'Here I go Again on my Own' fell on deaf ears. Probably because it was sung by Whitesnake. Doh!

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Coming from Slough (something perhaps best admitted on an anonymous forum only), I can perhaps shed a bit of light on some of the questions raised.
Why Slough? Probably because we have Heathrow Airport on our doorstep. There has been a marked increase in East European, Somali and South Asian new comers to the borough over the past ten years. Slough has successfully intergrated the post-war wave of immigration from the Sub-continent, West Indies and southern Europe. The latest influx however, has seen too many coming too fast, and it is leading to very real strain on all public services and resources.

Dear God! Perhaps the kids are vampires.

Did they travel by sea? Was the entire ship's company dead on arrival? Was the hold empty apart from a number of 6 foot by 3 foot crates? Has the virgin count in Slough dropped even lower than it was before? Do the kids shun the garlic bread at Pizza Hut?
Due to the high number of Asian (and to a lesser extent, Italian) households and restaurants, there is a sufficient garlic stock to negate any potential Vampire threat. In addition the 'Virgin Count' has flatlined at the bottom of the chart for many decades past and any drop would go unnoticed for some time as old Humpbacked Annie is only ever seen on signing-on days.

Ermmmm! this ain't the same Romans that came 'ere in 55 BC is it? They did leave some wonderful baths, spas and walls dontcherknow?