Trafficking of Romanian children to Slough

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ABrighter2006, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC Reports that nearly 90 children have arrived in Slough since the beginning of the year, having been trafficked into the UK from Romania.

BBC Webpage: Roma children flood into Slough

So, this is people trafficking for all to see in the South East, and from recent news articles the problem is increasing across Europe and the UK.

At a time when, massive news appeals are being made to find the toddler taken from her parent's apartment in Portugal last week, I wonder just how porous our borders are?

Are we a soft touch for people traffickers?
  2. Why Slough? What's wrong with Basildon?

Baffled of Basildon 8O
  3. Are these pikey kids from romania or romanian kids ? either way why are we having to pay for them send them back to romania.
  4. Soft touch full stop I think.
    We dont really have borders any more, we just have one big entrance.
  5. Our borders are very porous but porosity works both ways.

There is a very obvious solution.
  6. The Borough Council don't care; they see it as an opportunity to extract more funding from central Government, enabling a virement and to spend the cash on various bone projects.
  7. If I lived in Slough I'd go and seek asylum in Romania.
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

We must consider the circumstances of the children first and foremost.

It can be readily assumed that the conditions from which they are escaping must be terrible indeed. Why else would they consider Slough as a good place to escape to?
  9. Slough is similar to Romania, but without the vampires.
  10. Dear God! Perhaps the kids are vampires.

Did they travel by sea? Was the entire ship's company dead on arrival? Was the hold empty apart from a number of 6 foot by 3 foot crates? Has the virgin count in Slough dropped even lower than it was before? Do the kids shun the garlic bread at Pizza Hut?

We'd better get Van Halen on the case asap. He normally works with an assistant but, due to the risk of working with the undead, I think he should go again on his own.

The invasion of Polish plumbers was one thing but providing a haven for Romanian vampires is taking multiculturalism a step too far.
  11. Self-edited
  12. "The Council say more money is needed from the Government to help them with migrants otherwise other services could be cut"

No, more money is needed from the Govt to a) stop these leeches getting into the country in the first place and b) send the ones that got through our porous borders back to whence they came.
  13. could it be because they heard Slough was the UK's pikey central :D
  14. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ancient Mariner is an old man so leave him alone :twisted:
  15. No offence meant.