traffic warden kicked in for booking car outside wake

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps the manner of his 'talking to' was mildly excessive.

All the same, how many of us have actually FELT like doing a number on these jobsworth, brownshirt, billy-no-mates, council lackies?

I would personally not mind giving one or two a good contact therapy careers advice session, and then find the councillors and bean counters responsible for the mindless money-grab and do the same with them.

can never condone it sorry for what ever reason they were wrong probably for the right reason.

Biped said:

All the same, how many of us have actually FELT like doing a number on these jobsworth, brownshirt, billy-no-mates, council lackies?

I would personally not mind giving one or two a good contact therapy careers advice session, and then find the councillors and bean counters responsible for the mindless money-grab and do the same with them.
Biped said:
I'm happy with a law to ban smoking in public places, and I'm a smoker, so there!

It's an addictive drug that ruins health, and not just for the smoker, it affects others around the smoker - it's not rocket science.

If I didn't smoke (and I'm too weak, stupid and lazy to stop at this time) I would not want to inhale other people's smoke, just as would not wish to step on a smackhead's needle, or see broken bottles in the street.
Biped,

Yet again you expose your limitations and failings.

On the one hand you support the smoking ban - implicit in this is the army of 'inspectors' who will enforce it in pursuit of a 'mindless money grab'. The next minute you support violence against an 'inspector', and other 'jobsworth, brownshirt, billy-no-mates, council lackies'.

Presumably these include, in addition to the aforementioned traffic warden, those employed to enforce the smoking ban, litter dropping and to prevent 'smackheads needles, or broken bottles' being dropped in the street.

At least be consistent in your views or I might begin to suspect you of being a hypocrite. Alternatively, you might like to put some thought into your posts instead of releasing a tirade of vitriolic nonsense.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not good, but people get a bit emo at funerals so the warden should have backed off maybe?

A recent convo between me and a warden writing a ticket...

(Me) "Excuse me. I was just getting change"

Him) "Too late mate. I've started writing it"

Me) "I am not your mate. Dont get confused. I am 'Sir' or you may call me nothing at all. But I'm not your mate"

If you swear at them they can have you for assault.

Why do I find it so hard to feel any sympathy for the warden. This is what happens when you give out parking tickets without thinking. Maybe if the Council were not such money grabbers the warden would have had the time to see that he was entering a highly charged and emotional situation and would have backed off sooner, rather than thinking of his targets at any cost.

TheIronDuke said:
Not good, but people get a bit emo at funerals so the warden should have backed off maybe?

A recent convo between me and a warden writing a ticket...

(Me) "Excuse me. I was just getting change"

Him) "Too late mate. I've started writing it"

I hope you just got in your car and drove away from the site,as the ticket is not issued until it has been palced on the car or it has been handed to you.

Well from what I read in the Sun:

The man, in his 30s, was preparing a ticket for a silver pick-up truck which had been delivering a wreath spelling out “Our Hero” to the pub.

A friend who served alongside James in the Army said: “The warden said the car was parked illegally. He was determined to give it a ticket.

“One of the lads said, ‘Give us a break, mate, have a heart — it’s a funeral’. This guy was acting like a jobsworth.
link

The cnut deserved it.

That level of violence was totally uncalled for however I cannot but help think that the warden would be doing his rounds today totally uninjured if he had just backed off. But knowing what wardens are like, he was probably a jumped up power crazy twat who liked antagonising people.

I hope he gets better and they chuck the fcuking book at the guys who did it but maybe he will learn a valuable lesson from this and that is to show some compassion towards people when emotions are running high.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
pombsen-armchair-warrior said:
Biped said:

Biped said:
I'm happy with a law to ban smoking in public places, and I'm a smoker, so there!

It's an addictive drug that ruins health, and not just for the smoker, it affects others around the smoker - it's not rocket science.

If I didn't smoke (and I'm too weak, stupid and lazy to stop at this time) I would not want to inhale other people's smoke, just as would not wish to step on a smackhead's needle, or see broken bottles in the street.
Biped,

On the one hand you support the smoking ban - implicit in this is the army of 'inspectors' who will enforce it in pursuit of a 'mindless money grab'. The next minute you support violence against an 'inspector', and other 'jobsworth, brownshirt, billy-no-mates, council lackies'.

Presumably these include, in addition to the aforementioned traffic warden, those employed to enforce the smoking ban, litter dropping and to prevent 'smackheads needles, or broken bottles' being dropped in the street.

At least be consistent in your views or I might begin to suspect you of being a hypocrite. Alternatively, you might like to put some thought into your posts instead of releasing a tirade of vitriolic nonsense.
For crying out loud, will you lay off and stop being such a vacuous kn0bend?

I AGREE with a smoking ban in public places, even though I am a smoker - why is that hypocritical? I conceded that I was daft for smoking. Why is it 'implicit' that it requires an army of 'smoking inspectors'? Soliciting homosexual sex in public lavatories is ILLEGAL, but there is not an army of 'cottaging police' on the streets to enforce it is there? If there was, you'd be nicked.

I have put forth a lucid argument in favour of a change in drugs laws that does not warrant legalisation also.

I do not, and have not promoted violence towards 'council lackies', I merely asked a question as to how many people felt compelled towards violence towards this army of gobment employees who's sole purpose is to get as much money from joe public as possible with no discernible benefit.

Why don't you stop gobbing off and actually READ my posts fully.

Whilst some personal judgement could have been used by the warden, I can not condone the violence. He was only doing his job at the end of the day, they vehicle was breaking the law, as with speeding etc, we all take our chances, and have to accept it when caught. If it was the funeral of just a random chav, would we be using it as an excuse?

Not acceptable behaviour on any level. If the Daily Mail story is to be believed then it was totally out of order.

Unfortunately it stirs up sh*t and sh*t sticks even if it is proven that the culprits were not military.

Biped said:
Biped said:

Biped said:

Biped,

For crying out loud, will you lay off and stop being such a vacuous kn0bend?

I AGREE with a smoking ban in public places, even though I am a smoker - why is that hypocritical? I conceded that I was daft for smoking. Why is it 'implicit' that it requires an army of 'smoking inspectors'? Soliciting homosexual sex in public lavatories is ILLEGAL, but there is not an army of 'cottaging police' on the streets to enforce it is there? If there was, you'd be nicked.

I have put forth a lucid argument in favour of a change in drugs laws that does not warrant legalisation also.

I do not, and have not promoted violence towards 'council lackies', I merely asked a question as to how many people felt compelled towards violence towards this army of gobment employees who's sole purpose is to get as much money from joe public as possible with no discernible benefit.

Why don't you stop gobbing off and actually READ my posts fully.
Yet again you display monumental ignorance.

Smoking inpectors, to enforce the smoking ban, are a reality. What the hell do you think the main thrust of the 'smoking' thread was about?

You posted, in response to my allusion to your support of violence:

"I would personally not mind giving one or two a good contact therapy careers advice session, and then find the councillors and bean counters responsible for the mindless money-grab and do the same with them."

Please then explain what a good contact therapy session is? Perhaps it's similar to that infamous Camp Breadbasket quote from Iraq 'Work 'em hard lads'

Ciao

I have just read the link.

A kicking for issuing a ticket? Yes, when taken from an unemotional point of view very excessive.

However, (and I have heard coppers make variations of this argument to defend their actions) were the mourners friends of the deceased?, had they just had a hard time from other warden, or indeed anything that represents authority?

You can say that any of these still do not justify what they did, and I would agree.

But consider this (and this I find rather frightening), we now have councillers that are corrupt, police who act how they want without doing the job of protecting us (i know not all coppers are bad), speed cameras, the list goes on you get the point.

What if these were just two people that thought:
"It does not matter what I say"
"It does not matter how I say it"
"it does not matter how many of us say it" (protest against Iraq war, case in point)
"No one will listen.......Fukc it give this one a kicking"!!

If this is what happend, any bod in uniform is at danger of this, I know people that have genuinely had enough.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Yet again you display monumental ignorance.

Smoking inpectors, to enforce the smoking ban, are a reality. What the hell do you think the main thrust of the 'smoking' thread was about?

You posted, in response to my allusion to your support of violence:

"I would personally not mind giving one or two a good contact therapy careers advice session, and then find the councillors and bean counters responsible for the mindless money-grab and do the same with them."

Please then explain what a good contact therapy session is? Perhaps it's similar to that infamous Camp Breadbasket quote from Iraq 'Work 'em hard lads'

Ciao
So what's your point about smoking inspectors? I don't recall mentioning anything about smoking inspectors, only the law that will ban smoking in public places. Why do you feel you argument (whatever the hell it is) can be advanced by raising spurious points about 'smoking inspectors'? As I said, tell me where I have been hypocritical in my stance towards smoking in public places? I ask you again, is it hypocritical of me to agree with a smoking ban in public places whilst being a smoker myself? Is it hypocritical of me to agree with a law that stops people like me inflicting my personal addiction on others who's health may be detrimentally affected? No, it isn't.

You don't give sufficient thought yourself before posting insults. This marks you out as the tw@t you actually are.

As for promoting violence towards traffic wardens, I have done no such thing. I merely stated that I have felt like punching them in the past, and have even felt like punching the bean counters and councillors responsible for the schemes as they serve no public good whatsoever. If you take a long hard look (and THINK about the issue) at parking wardens, you might note that it used to be a police responsible for parking offences and that it used to work just fine. That is until it was decided by central gobment that they would be able to get out of giving local councils central gobment funds if they allowed said councils to raise their own revenues by hook or by crook. The whole issue has got precisely fcuk all to do with 'parking problems'. Considering that fact, I hate these revenue collectors with a passion, and yes, I, like MANY others have felt inclined to punch these bast@rds every now and then. MANY people HAVE punched these bast@rd lackies. I personally have not, but am honest about how it makes me feel.

Get over yourself you pontificating tw@t.

doc53 said:
I have just read the link.

A kicking for issuing a ticket? Yes, when taken from an unemotional point of view very excessive.

However, (and I have heard coppers make variations of this argument to defend their actions) were the mourners friends of the deceased?, had they just had a hard time from other warden, or indeed anything that represents authority?

You can say that any of these still do not justify what they did, and I would agree.

But consider this (and this I find rather frightening), we now have councillers that are corrupt, police who act how they want without doing the job of protecting us (i know not all coppers are bad), speed cameras, the list goes on you get the point.

What if these were just two people that thought:
"It does not matter what I say"
"It does not matter how I say it"
"it does not matter how many of us say it" (protest against Iraq war, case in point)
"No one will listen.......Fukc it give this one a kicking"!!

If this is what happend, any bod in uniform is at danger of this, I know people that have genuinely had enough.
Still not acceptable.

IF, and I still can't think of a good enough reason, you wanted to lash out then you give someone a dig, jump on your bike and whizz off.

Glass in the face, kicked in the head and then lamped 3 times with a crash helmet? Absolutely not.

I sincerely hope these are not associtaed with the military and that they have the book thrown at them.

I am also in no way condoning the crap antics occasionally employed by traffic wardens etc but everyone should be able to go out to work and expect to come home in one piece rather than via an intensive care unit (or whtaever it is called nowadays).

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Agreed. Despite my personal feelings towards traffic wardens - the beating was excessive.

Biped said:
Agreed. Despite my personal feelings towards traffic wardens - the beating was excessive.
Usual tactics, rant followed by a contrived withdrawal once the penny has dropped.