Traffic light things in MT white fleet

One of my guys has been caught with the system saying 100+mph. My first question was "When was it last calibrated?"
solid green and red light.... the system is recalibrating and should reset to a steady green light..............

AT LOW RISK ........... a solid green light.
At moderate risk.......... a solid yellow light.
at high risk ........ a solid red light..
perform a moderate risk event,,,, will flash yellow.
perform a high risk event ,,,,,,,will flash red.
over speed,,,,,, red light.

yes you can be ''done'' for speeding, due to the fact , ''you'' have broke the jsp '' drivers standing orders'' agai etc.
p.s your brigade WILL inform your parent unit..............

always happy to help.......
p.s, have a '' bump and the ''read out'' can be called as evidance in a court of law..............

solid green and red light.... the system is recalibrating and should reset to a steady green light..............
Things can't calibrate themselves to a legally admissible standard - they need to be checked against a reference. If the internal clock was sufficient - it wouldn't need to recal. But, hey ...

And, yes, the "read out" is acceptable - calibrated or not - under the "business records exemption to the hearsay rule". You're not going to convict at criminal law evidential standards on that alone, though.

Things can't calibrate themselves to a legally admissible standard - they need to be checked against a reference. If the internal clock was sufficient - it wouldn't need to recal. But, hey ...

And, yes, the "read out" is acceptable - calibrated or not - under the "business records exemption to the hearsay rule". You're not going to convict at criminal law evidential standards on that alone, though.
the ''print out'' will tell you how long you were speeding for.. a fashing yellow light wont record the cat that ran out in front of you !!! or the fuel spilt on the road that you slipt on !!!!!! or the mong that pulled out in front of you ,,,,, get my drift ? speeding tho, your banged to rights ...........................

Joker

War Hero
The read out/evidence is inadmissible in disciplinary proceedings. Says so on the documentation that accompanies the roll out. Administrative action on the other hand is another matter. AGAI action is feasible but court proceedings etc are not.

I understand that persistant offenders may have their "entitlement" to use white fleet vehicles removed - three interviews without coffee with the CO and then it is back to paying for your own fuel/vehicle depreciation. Anyone that thick deserves to walk everywhere.

The read out/evidence is inadmissible in disciplinary proceedings. Says so on the documentation that accompanies the roll out. Administrative action on the other hand is another matter. AGAI action is feasible but court proceedings etc are not.
AGAI action does take place, re, training i.e haz perception etc, ears getting chewed by RSM, MTWO , etc...........

Surely it is calibrated every few seconds via GPS signal?
No - that, if it happens, is a reset, not a calibration. You'd then have to look at the calibration of the GPS receiver - you're only moving the problem one step back ...

Cryptotermes

Old-Salt
Surely the Greenroad device is just a calculator then (and therefore doesn't need calibration)?

If anything, it would be the satellite that needs calibration?

Things can't calibrate themselves to a legally admissible standard - they need to be checked against a reference. If the internal clock was sufficient - it wouldn't need to recal.
I'm fairly certain that they don't use an internal clock, they use the atomic clock signal from the satellites?

If you're recorded as doing over 100 mph in UK in WF, wouldn't the old 'calibration' defence be futile anyway?

paleblue_1

Old-Salt
Gone are the days of taking white fleet home after a long drive from Andover to Dishforth on a friday afternoon ( a journey that took me under 4 hours with the Regt'l Col on board), then home via Halifax until Sunday evening, then back to Andover Sunday night for vehicle sign in on Monday morning. No more jollies to Bournemouth on the pretense of going to Pirbright to pick up some crows kit either. Oh well, glad I am out of the mob now :)

Cryptotermes

Old-Salt
It appears to me that you don't understand satellites and GPS fully.
You may be correct, I'm certainly no expert, but if the drivers defence involved questioning the accuracy or calibration of an atomic clock timing signal from a bunch of satellites, I reckon he'd be clutching at straws?

Joker

War Hero
I understand that persistant offenders may have their "entitlement" to use white fleet vehicles removed - three interviews without coffee with the CO and then it is back to paying for your own fuel/vehicle depreciation. Anyone that thick deserves to walk everywhere.
Difficult to apply, no firm (including HMF) can tell you to use your own car and even then the user would need business use insurance etc.

I'm not really sure what beyond administrative action can be achieved.

Does anyone believe the MoD would go to all the expense and trouble to pull a satellite out of orbit, have it calibrated and fired back into space just to make the simplest of MT taskings more unnecessarily complicated than they legally have to be ?

Going on recent stupidity, I do.........

Evidently a proper grown up when you get an insignia! wha was wrong with everyone in softtop 90's?
They were red on James :)

Being red on JAMES doesn't mean it's non task worthy though. You have to guess now days.........

Simply drive at high revs in first gear everywhere and take four hours to do a ten minute detail. When asked "what the ****?" point a trembling finger at the box and say, sshhh! big brother may be listening.

Latest Threads