Traffic in London.

Prior to lockdown I commuted into central London from Zone 6, if not working on client site. Buses arrived when programmed (save for occasional traffic delays, but updated information was displayed at my stop or on various Apps). I never had to wait for more than 3-4 minutes for a Tube train at peak time (Jubilee time). Delays on the Tube were very infrequent and because of this I could predict my commuting time within a couple of minutes.
Friends visiting (remember that?) from the States or Australia are in awe of Public Transport in London, although the cost of it was also a gripe. But over my various tours in London over the last 20 years, public transport has only got better (more regular, more reliable).

ETA: Another strength of public transport in London is that it is a network. As seen after the 7/7 bombings 15 years ago, there are numerous network work-arounds, even when key nodes are knocked out. From my London location I can use buses, tube, overground and network rail links as alternatives. If the Jubilee line is down, I can use other lines. If the Tube network is down, I can use a bus to get to either overground or Network rail nodes. If the buses are out (eg industrial action) a short cycle ride can take me to three different transport modes.
My commuting on HST and tube was fine though I did resent paying over £500 for a monthly ticket and still having to stand most of the time.

Been WFH for a couple of years, beats the shit out of a commute.

I have worked from home for many years, it is interesting to see the reactions of my neighbours who are doing it afresh.

One says it is magic, "I log off at the end of the day, and there I am at home!" Saves three hours a day plus fares, lunches etc.

Another had swish offices in Green Park, the break clause in the lease came up and as they were working from home they used it. The savings mean they can employ extra staff. The only downside is that she finds she is working longer hours, but can be working at her elderly mother's home so she sees more of her.

wheel

LE
Thursday I had to work in Weston Super Mare. Commute from North Staffordshire 150 miles each way. Two hours twenty mins down Two hours fifteen mins return. Loving this Covid. Previously I have had to stay over due to four hour commute.
My usual commute into East Cheshire 8 miles is less than twenty minutes. London no thanks

I have worked from home for many years, it is interesting to see the reactions of my neighbours who are doing it afresh.

One says it is magic, "I log off at the end of the day, and there I am at home!" Saves three hours a day plus fares, lunches etc.

Another had swish offices in Green Park, the break clause in the lease came up and as they were working from home they used it. The savings mean they can employ extra staff. The only downside is that she finds she is working longer hours, but can be working at her elderly mother's home so she sees more of her.
Government is going to kick off, it needs to get the revenue form somewhere.