Trafalgar Square on the 11th of the 11th

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Good CO, Nov 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've been asked to post this by the Royal British Legion:

"There is to be a mass gathering for the Two Mins Silence on Trafalgar Square at 11am on 11 Nov 06"

2. Would anyone attending PM me please, I have a favour to ask.

Beebs x

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've had some more info from the RBL:

Trafalgar Square will fall silent at 11.00am on Saturday 11th November. Together we will show support for those who have given their lives through conflict, and will reflect on the human cost of war. The silence will end with a flypast of four Typhoons and a performance of the Last Post by a bugler. Those present will be invited to place poppies into the fountains at Trafalgar Square, and there will also be a performance by the all-girl Classical group, All Angels. So please come along from 10.00am on Saturday 11th, and join us for this important event.

You can also show your support by buying a poppy or texting POPPY to 85099 to get your Poppy download.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I will be running the beating in Hampshire on the 11th and despite the shoot only starting at 10 I have already warned off the shoot captain that I expect 2 minutes silence, poppies and hats removed at 11am. I dont think knowing the syndicate that there will be any problems.