Trafalgar Square - Fourth Plinth

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by meridian, Apr 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Anyone seen this

http://www.oneandother.co.uk/

Anthony Gormley is doing a living sculture where 2400 people will stand/sit on the plinth for an hour, 24 hours a day for 100 days as a living sculture to represent modern Britain

Wouldn't it be great to see the forces or wounded represented in some way?

2. It was on capital radio yesterday. I've applied, because I can.

3. Got to be better than that perspex monstrosity that looks like it's been cobbled together by a group of primary school kids or the limbless bint that has been on in the past

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

They should tie the cnut to the back of a black cab and drag him around the square until just the rope is left - the red smear would be interesting art......

5. A gargoyle?? :lol:

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Anything, anything at all, but NOT a military hero, statesman, leader or cult figure. That's the message.

They won't put anything on that plynth that we can feel proud of, that we can look up to, that is a proper role model. Much better that there is something on the plynth that we should feel sad, guilty, ashamed or appalled at.

It's a bit like our nation and history. Nothing to be proud of.

7. I applied after hearing him on my local radio station yesterday, what I'd do while up there if I was to get a place I don't know!

8. I had thought that a group of three matelots in the modern dress of the Royal Navy and French and Spanish Navies, raising a tot and "splicing the mainbrace" would symbolise the current peaceful nature of relations between the three combatant nations at Trafalgar.

They'll probably put a statue of a chimp p!ssing on the Bible up instead though.....

9. I was hoping to be more of a "waste of space" :(

10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Jade Goody.

11. I've only gone and got a spot!!

One & Other

Congratulations! You have been chosen to take part in One & Other – Antony Gormley's extraordinary live monument due for the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square. Your name has been selected at random from the many thousands who entered the draw – you are one of just 2,400 people who will each take their place on the plinth for an hour, to create a living monument in a place that's usually home to commemorative statues!

12. I didn't :(

One & Other

We have now picked the winners of places in July and we are sorry to tell you that you have not been picked on this occasion. 615 individuals from all over the UK have been picked at random from all those who entered, and each has been allocated a place on the plinth during the month.

However, all is not lost! Your name will remain in the draw for places in August, September and October, and we hope you will be luckier next time. We will also continue to offer places to applicants should anyone drop out and need replacing. So keep an eye on your inbox for future communications from us!

Thank you for taking part in this project. We do hope you have enjoyed the process so far, and will experience it either by visiting Trafalgar Square in person, or virtually via the website.

The One & Other team
    www.oneandother.co.uk
    One & Other is produced by Artichoke in partnership with Sky Arts

13. I thought you meant that you were going to withdraw because you had got a spot on your face.

14. Did Jill Archer and her live bread making get a spot? That's what we need to know!!!

15. "I've only gone and got a spot!!

One & Other

Congratulations! You have been chosen to take part in One & Other – Antony Gormley's extraordinary live monument due for the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square. Your name has been selected at random from the many thousands who entered the draw – you are one of just 2,400 people who will each take their place on the plinth for an hour, to create a living "

Hmmm. Wonder what Sgt Slingsby's going to be doing soon? :twisted: