Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Trafalgar Day.

Today is the 212st anniversary of our magnificent Royal Navy teaching the French and Spanish Navies what's what.

I shall be raising a glass to our Jacks tonight and I hope that you will, too.

212st eh? Marvellous.

When I grew up by Heathrow in the 50s and 60s, the day was venerated by all of the local schools. It seems to have been overlooked now. When I make an attempt to bring the day to Arsse subconsiousness, I get yet another smart comment from a Moderator.

Please come back, Viro Bono, all is forgiven.

Certainly will be doing so.

My eldest has just enjoyed a dinner held on HMS Victory as a guest of a childhood chum, he was at Dartmouth and I at Lympstone at the same time, who is a member of the RN 1765 and 1785 Club.

Since my son’s knowledge of Victory, Trafalgar and Nelson were all a bit sketchy I suggested it wouldn’t be a bad thing just to have an idea of events. I was visiting the grandchildren at the time so we went over a couple of extremely good documentaries of Nelson, and Trafalgar.

Certainly enlarged my knowledge and respect of the man, the service, and of the huge service they rendered the nation on that day.

When I grew up by Heathrow in the 50s and 60s, the day was venerated by all of the local schools. It seems to have been overlooked now. When I make an attempt to bring the day to Arsse subconsiousness, I get yet another smart comment from a Moderator.

Please come back, Viro Bono, all is forgiven.
@spaz give him some ROP's

Do you actually think that I care ?

If you pair of poofs want to hi-jack one our Nation's great victories, crack on in public and show everyone else exactly how inadequate you really are.

seriously.png