Trafalgar Day

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by lsquared, Oct 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably politically incorrect, but I for one salute the memory -

The Immortal Memory -

of Lord Nelson and his sailors who, on this day in 1805, destroyed the fleets of France and Spain and ensured the Royal Navy ruled the seas unchallenged for over a hundred years.

This dominance allowed our island nation, and others, to trade around the globe unhindered and to build an Empire and subsequently a Commonwealth of Nations undreamed of by lesser nationalities.

I salute the successors of Lord Nelson serving today in our Royal Navy.

God Save The Queen.
  2. “MAY THE GREAT GOD, whom I worship, grant to my country and for the benefit of Europe in general, a great and glorious victory: and may no misconduct, in anyone, tarnish it: and may humanity after victory be the predominant feature in the British Fleet.

For myself Individually, I commit my life to Him who made me and may His blessing light upon my endeavours for serving my Country faithfully. To Him I resign and the just cause which is entrusted to me to defend.

3. Three cheers for Nelson.
    Anyone who kicks seven barrels out of the French is OK in my books.
  4. Forgot that was today, should be a bank holiday.

Huzzah for Nelson.

Father-in-law will be 7 sheets tonight being exAndrew
  5. Splice the mainbrace!
  6. Thank goodness it is only England :wink:
  7. Not celebrated over here for some strange reason. Can't think why.
    Finer day than usual to be a Briton abroad.
  8. Shhh before they ban it.

[Hums Hearts of Oak quiety], Hearts of oak are our ships, jolly tars are our men, we always are ready.....