Traditions within the RLC

Discussion in 'RLC' started by General Melchett, Mar 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Following a discussion after too much port and too little sleep at a recent Regt dinner we came to the conclusion that the Corps has no traditions.

Does anyone know any different?

(Yes, I expect the usual retard replies and slagging before you all start)

2. Bugger, so does that mean i have to answer in the positive now then?

3. Bastard and I had a quality one-liner to do with fat lesbians.

Im not sure if keeping the conductor appointment counts as a tradition.
    Other than that I certainly haven't heard of any.

4. It seems to be tradition nowadays to turn up at dinner nights sporting whatever footwear takes your fancy/you feel most comfortable in whilst wearing Mess dress

5. Sad considering a google search reveals:

RLC traditions

But then fails to mention anything, surely there must be some old RAOC/ACC/RCT or even RASC traditions that have been forgotten and can be revived?

Then again most RLC soldiers I ask dont even know what the Corps March is let alone what its called!

Maybe we could start a tradition, Im sure someone could devise something? These traditions have to start somewhere !

6. ......the old RCT tradition of whining is certainly going from strength to strength.

7. No speeches at dinner nights was an RCT tradition - pity it doesn't seem to have carried forward judging by some of the drivel I've had to sit through.

8. General Melchett

The 10th Anniversary would have been a good chance to start some traditions.

Maybe it'll happen on the 15th............and maybe not.

9. Maybe we could start a tradition, Im sure someone could devise something? These traditions have to start somewhere!

Hmmmm....

How about the tradition of the fat stores lass? or the whinging skinny git with national health glasses storeman, its done your lot alright so far? or have things changed?

10. How about toasting the Corps from RAOC silver goblets and then urinating in RCT crystal glasses before ceremoniously smashing them in the PFI-provisioned virtual fireplace.

11. I suppose it would have been hard to choose what traditions to carry over an RAOC tradidition would mean nothing to the other 4 corps and vice-versa.

12. General Melchett

Corps RSM about to think some up?

13. I didnt actually write that, just the quote didnt come out as i wanted it to, sorry not an RLC bod myself...

14. But don't most traditions have a meaning/reason behind them? (blues and royals saluting without headress type thing.)
    Not what some bloke thought up on the spur of the moment.

15. To be honest, how can you expect to have traditions when your only 15 years old? or whatever it is now.

Can you not adopt your parent corps traditions and suite them to the RLC?