Traditional versus alternative routes to getting pissed

I have recently experienced, a break from what I see as the traditional "bloke" route to pissed

I started on vodka and tonic

Normal " Bloke " route seems to be, scoff pints till you can't fit any more in then move to spirits

Common sense would say, once you are shanted on beer, why on earth would you spike yourself with spirits, but this seems to be the normal route? Why

I scoffed my V+T felt the lovely fuzzy leg buzz, then later moved to beers, and rather than chug em down they were relaxed and few in number, the buzz of the Vodka lasted well into the evening and the beer just bumped me along.

I ended the evening on the same buzz as the initial V+T no more no less, a very satisfactory evening

I may have to experiment further

Thoughts please, am I talking shit?......probably

:D

Aint a bloke, but my route would be red wine, followed by red wine, followed by perhaps a port or six..........

Less bladder-bursting volume too

I heard vodka in an eye bath is quick, cheap and does not ensue in frequent visits to the gents

If you know somebody with a colostomy bag....

Fill the bag with vodka, connect it up and wrap elastic bands around it to reverse the normal direction of flow.

When he reaches the required level of pissedness, remove the elastic bands. :)

Isn't snorting vodka supposed to be a super-fast route to being drunk?

putteesinmyhands said:

Fill the bag with vodka, connect it up and wrap elastic bands around it to reverse the normal direction of flow.

Hell one of my best mates has, I shall ask him if he'll give it a try :D

ExPadBrat said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Just keep a close eye on him when it's his round, though.

putteesinmyhands said:
ExPadBrat said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Just keep a close eye on him when it's his round, though.
I didn't need that thought..... :( No, honest mate, I really don't want a Black Russian...

We started Saturday on pints of dark rum mohitos to wash the bacon butties down,graduated to rough perry by around dinner time,after 5 gallons of that (it was between 4 of us),we switched to bottles of Rogue Dead Guy Ale , till it went dark and we ran out,and polished the night off with more rum. All the time in the big tent watching bands play in the torrential bloody rain at a festival

Not V Festival, one with proper bands in Shropshire

I used to know a bloke who was into injecting drugs
Once,when out of heroin, he mainlined polish pure spirit. The resultant abcess and scar would have put anyone off that sort of sh!t, but not him. Died about a year later. Did say it was a buzz though

ExPadBrat said:
No, it just fucking hurts big time. I've learnt that snorting spirits is like a dyslexic dwarf; it's not big, and it's not clever.

A few weeks back I went out and started on wine, then onto a decent champagne and spent the rest of the evening on real ale. Got absolutely blotted but was right as rain for work in the morning. A totally new experience as I deal with hangovers like a big girl.

FatBoyGeorge said:
ExPadBrat said:
No, it just fucking hurts big time. I've learnt that snorting spirits is like a dyslexic dwarf; it's not big, and it's not clever.
Seconded. Good man test though.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
PuD! said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
ExPadBrat said:
Try it with Southern Comfort :D

If snorting Spirits have them with a little bit of mixer (about a third of what you would normally mix them with) as this takes away the burn of the spirit.

A non fizzy of flat mixer (Coke or lemonade) is the best as the bubbles can cause problems.

I once worked in a company with a few Russian lads. When they returned from visits home they usually brought a couple of bottles of Russian vodka into work with them. Then at knocking off time would would have a "Russian vodka tasting party" as one of them put it.

They drink it chilled, neat in shots. The first 2 or 3 shots are quite pleasant. Thereafter my memories get more vague but I do have faint memories of going on to the pub for pints after one session. I don't remember getting home that night but when I returned to work after my 2 day hangover one of the Russians blokes told me that I had singing in Russian with them - a language I have only a very sketchy tourist phrase book knowledge of.

BrunoNoMedals said:
PuD! said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
ExPadBrat said:
Try it with Southern Comfort :D
Hermers the lot of you.

Try it with Pernod :twisted:

I have a former colleague, of slight stature whose party trick was two cans of stella administered via cut off giving set and funnel up his ass. He would then attempt to "Hold in" hs two cans while we "Agitated" him to enhance the explosive nature of his inevitable erruption