Traditional versus alternative routes to getting pissed

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by thegimp, Aug 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently experienced, a break from what I see as the traditional "bloke" route to pissed

I started on vodka and tonic

Normal " Bloke " route seems to be, scoff pints till you can't fit any more in then move to spirits

Common sense would say, once you are shanted on beer, why on earth would you spike yourself with spirits, but this seems to be the normal route? Why

I scoffed my V+T felt the lovely fuzzy leg buzz, then later moved to beers, and rather than chug em down they were relaxed and few in number, the buzz of the Vodka lasted well into the evening and the beer just bumped me along.

I ended the evening on the same buzz as the initial V+T no more no less, a very satisfactory evening

I may have to experiment further

Thoughts please, am I talking shit?......probably

2. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Aint a bloke, but my route would be red wine, followed by red wine, followed by perhaps a port or six..........

Less bladder-bursting volume too
  3. I heard vodka in an eye bath is quick, cheap and does not ensue in frequent visits to the gents
  4. If you know somebody with a colostomy bag....

Fill the bag with vodka, connect it up and wrap elastic bands around it to reverse the normal direction of flow.

When he reaches the required level of pissedness, remove the elastic bands. :)
  5. Isn't snorting vodka supposed to be a super-fast route to being drunk?
  6. Hell one of my best mates has, I shall ask him if he'll give it a try :D
  7. Just keep a close eye on him when it's his round, though.
  8. I didn't need that thought..... :( No, honest mate, I really don't want a Black Russian...
  9. We started Saturday on pints of dark rum mohitos to wash the bacon butties down,graduated to rough perry by around dinner time,after 5 gallons of that (it was between 4 of us),we switched to bottles of Rogue Dead Guy Ale , till it went dark and we ran out,and polished the night off with more rum. All the time in the big tent watching bands play in the torrential bloody rain at a festival

Not V Festival, one with proper bands in Shropshire
  10. pure spirit in a nebuliser works well.
  11. I used to know a bloke who was into injecting drugs
    Once,when out of heroin, he mainlined polish pure spirit. The resultant abcess and scar would have put anyone off that sort of sh!t, but not him. Died about a year later. Did say it was a buzz though
  12. No, it just fucking hurts big time. I've learnt that snorting spirits is like a dyslexic dwarf; it's not big, and it's not clever.

A few weeks back I went out and started on wine, then onto a decent champagne and spent the rest of the evening on real ale. Got absolutely blotted but was right as rain for work in the morning. A totally new experience as I deal with hangovers like a big girl.
  13. Seconded. Good man test though.
  14. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Try it with Southern Comfort :D
  15. That's nice.

Did you make sure your lipstick didn't smudge on the glass?