Tradition of asking the CO a question?!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by granite20, Sep 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK,
    So i understand that keeping with tradition, an Officer must ask the CO his permission to marry?
    Does this still stand? Even in the TA world i think its a nice touch?

Thoughts? - No p1ss takers?! :)
  2. And if the TA CO says no what do you do?
  3. You are marrying your CO - good to see that sort of commitment considering its only TA. Well done and best of luck to you two.
  4. Only if it coincides with a training weekend or Camp.

Play safe, get married midweek. Better still, during the same day as your drill night - it'll give you an excuse to escape early. :)
  5. Ask the CO only after the Adj has checked her credentials.

As always speak to the Adj he'll keep you right.
  6. Have you ever visited the 21st century?
  7. i recently got married and asked permission from my CO to get wed in uniform. The int cell carried out checks on the loc and when the ok was given my CO and the Brig gave their blessings.
  8. It might be some cavalry jus primae noctis thing...
  9. I'm all for tradition and asked my CO for permission to marry 8 years ago, it's a nice touch and something to tell the grandkids.
  10. H3

H3 LE

He'd laugh at you ..... tell the RSM TO march you out and mumble some shit behind your back !!! ...... it's the TA :0)
  11. Indeed you should ask your CO for permission and do it in writing.

When I commanded, I had the honour of being asked for my permission which, of course, I was delighted to give.

It's a nice tradition and, as an earlier poster said, the letters will be something to show your grandchildren!

12. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Knowing you just make sure you aren't pissed when you ask. Wonder if the other 2 asked ?