Trade your old CDs for a new iPod!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Proximo, Jan 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I really must get round to owning an iPod, as lugging my decks round when I'm out on a run is getting a bit dull.

However, I do own lots of really crap CDs - you may also wish to go here and have your own version of 'Swap Shop'.

• 45 CDs = 512 MB iPod Shuffle
      65 CDs = 1 GB iPod Shuffle
      85 CDs = 2 GB iPod Nano
      110 CDs = 4 GB Nano
      130 CDs = 30 GB iPod
      175 CDs = 60 GB iPod

Not bad...hate to think what postage on 175 CDs would be...probably more than the iPod. ;)

2. My 100 odd cd's are worth a lot more than a £150 4 gig nano, plus they're sh1te anyway. I already have a 40 gb Creative Zen touch.

3. Yeah, but.... If you hand over your cd's you'll have nothing left to record onto your new ipod...

4. Schh - don't tell him. D/l latest iTunes - free. Record CDs. Get iPod. Connect iPod to iTunes with white cable as provided. CDs as redundant as brains. Only drawback I see is they have my CDs in a foreign land, I only get what they decide to value them as, will I ever get the iPod?
    Hope the Nigerian letter-writers don't hear of this?

5. Can they be blank ones or those AOL ones?

6. I need specs. I thought the title said 'trade your old COs for an IPod'. Fack, I'd have got shot of my last one for 20 B & H.

7. Yeah great until you find that Itunes deleted the lot at the click of one button! Ipod are great, Itunes is sh1te!!

8. I use iTunes but until you posted that I had no idea that there was that much of a difference.

9. I've moved away from cd's completely. I live with my ipod now. I had a creative zen touch but got rid of it as it was fcuking crap and unreliable. Technically it is superior to the ipod but it's not much fcuking use if it won't synch no matter how much you try...

Anyway, you can download any album from any of the torrent websites...of course, it is illegal, ahem.....

10. Why would iTunes delete them all? I've never had a problem with it. The shop bit is great.

(and so is imesh 5 (NOT 6) for downloading tracks if illegality worries you not)

11. What a disappointment. I misread the header, I thought it said 'CO' not 'CD'.....

12. Can confirm bit re iTunes being safe. I have over 450 redundant CDs and would feel safe dumping them.
    Of course, if you work at it, almost anything can be deleted with just one button. Thing is, think first?

13. Most people only dabble at IT and don't think first, like my brother who wiped the lot off his player and PC. On the other hand my colleague doesn't dabble, he is a geeky pro managed to feck up our music share at work! 180Gb of tunes stuffed by ITunes, it's utter sh1te. I personally don't use it because my player is all WMA files (smaller than MP3) which ITunes wont work with.

14. Make sure you correctly answer that "Are you sure you want to delete x - yes/no?" box correctly. It's the computer equivalent of Chris Tarrant. "Is that your final answer?"

15. imesh is also a free and reasonable site for ripping off music to your mp3/cd whatever - dont know is some one has posted it before but its quite useful and also tends to have stuff that suits the older generation - i actually managed to find a track fro the 60s by its a beautiful day - whch is pretty obscure but it was there. have also not had any problems with viruses coming down with it - although cant say for certain that spy ware doesnt