Trade MATTs?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Nov 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does any arm or corps mandate annual Trade Tests for bounty qualification?

Just thought it would be a good idea to reteach/update/test soldiers on their trade skills (in my corps, core trade skills change frequently but we have no system of ensuring the soldiers skills have been updated).

If they fail they could then be dropped in pay band or rank. Could stop bounty hunters from selectively attending just MATT training and gaining a bounty???

2. msr

msr LE

Surely they should not be getting promoted if their skills are not good enough / up to date...

msr

3. Thinking more along CLANSMAN to BOWMAN conversion, some soldiers will avoid the conversion yet still draw trade pay and pass their bounty (possibly even get promoted if they can avoid their deficiency coming to light).

You wouldn't expect a (SLR trained) soldier that couldn't fire SA80 to pass the tests (although I am aware of a website hosting proof of this).

4. msr

msr LE

That's a very interesting point - presumably there will be a conversion course?

I know my Regt went through one when they moved from Air Defence to Lt Gun a few years ago

msr

5. Yes ... and those that don't convert will jack it as before (so no need to validate conversion)

6. Link?

7. You'll have to work on the more junior members of my unit while I'm away :twisted:

8. I'm trying to stifle a laugh. Honest. Cl 3 Cpl's prove this wrong!

9. There is a lot of people that get promoted even though their skills are not good enough / upto date, thinking of the people that get promoted on a time served basis !!!!!

10. I know :evil: At least they'll soon have the correct driving quals (PD 101).

As an ex-inf sigs, I had to do my class 1 to get my first tape (not my undeployable 3rd in Sigs).