Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade combat

Thg92

Crow
Hi all, I am strongly thinking of joining the army again as it is always something I have wanted to do since I was younger (I’m 27 now). I have a broad range of work experience from farm work, construction labouring, machine operating (plant) and general vehicle maintenance/ engineering skills from work and went to college studying agricultural engineering when I left school for a year and a half. I applied quite a few years ago, went through all the application and was just about to go through selection but dropped out at the last minute due to family and other commitments. I want more out of life and think the army would give me it.
My question is basically if I join the army in whatever role or trade I still want to be close to conflict and I still want to be able to engage in fire with the enemy etc.
I’m aware everyone has to at least do their 14 week basic training before going off to learn their trade skills but obviously some roles you are less likely to be involved in conflict than others.
I am interested in either joining as a driver for the rlc, vehicle mechanic, or infantry soldier as like said above I like the idea of conflict and fighting but want too learn skills I could use outside of the army and develop.
I’m interested in a range of different roles but don’t want to be kind of like a civilian in an army uniform doing a job.
Cheers for any help.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Depends on what level you studied to & what certifications you have as the Army might try to pair them with Military trades. Out of interest why leave Agric Engineering as a fine trade to learn, (I among other things did Forestry Engineering)

If you served an apprenticeship or have NC/HNC/ND/HND these might help pre trade.
Have you been to the AFCO as they are matter experts and can guide you to a trade?

Thg92

Crow
Depends on what level you studied to & what certifications you have as the Army might try to pair them with Military trades. Out of interest why leave Agric Engineering as a fine trade to learn, (I among other things did Forestry Engineering)

If you served an apprenticeship or have NC/HNC/ND/HND these might help pre trade.
Have you been to the AFCO as they are matter experts and can guide you to a trade?

I don’t have any current engineering certificates or qualifications, just experience. I quit my apprenticeship (stupidly) for a farm job earning half decent money when I was young and stupid which I strongly regret now.
I have all my GCSE grade A-C in all subjects plus a National certificate in Business and marketing.

Latest Threads