Trade badges + other question

Discussion in 'RAC' started by commander, Aug 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reading in latest Soldier the series on badges of the British Army and it covers the crossed flags signal trade badge. Gives location on how it should beworn etc, just a thought why have we in the RAC never really bothered with trade badges.

Second one, for serving members do we use Line of departure or Start line therse days? this due to a argument that the former is in and the latter is out :D
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Because those in the trade know how good they are/where and do not need a badge to show it 8) and gungery instructors looked bad enogh with their arm bands on without have to 120mm cannons straped to their arm :lol:
  3. Where would wear them! Even us in the RTR, young though we are we still don't have room for any of them! :D

4. Trade badges?Well,I suppose most of us had 2 trades in sabre troops,that was certainly the policy in my day(yawn,yawn).Need sleeves like a wizard?
  5. I thought Sigs would be a badge with a pipe and slippers, whilst goonery would be a fecking great mouth open wide with spittle flying out of it?
  6. Answers-

1. 'Cos we'd all look like Househod Cavalry and that would never do.

2. LOD still in last time I crossed one. Why say something in two syllables when you can say it in five. (Must have been dreamed up by a gunnery instructor) :wink:

Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum
  7. Thanks for that I guess as we tended to have more than one trade as has been said badges would be a bit silly. Does that mean Start Line had been binned then?
  8. About 15 years ago IIRC, along with Fire Bases, "Wilco" and putees.
  9. :D Good one Jorrocks...dont forget the generic use of the word ISTAR as well replacing of the ones that seems to have crept in loads in the wider use of the term H Hr...everything seems to have an H HR!!!!
  10. Thanks for clearing that up, it must have been gradual as I can recall still using SL in 97 in Bosnia, then again many strange words and phrases used there :D
  11. What like Caravan Trailer-hitch? Who they've just caught!!! :D