Tracking down old service records

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Ord_Sgt, Jan 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Ord_Sgt

    Ord_Sgt RIP

    I have a colleague who is trying to trace his father’s service record. Unfortunately he passed on some time ago and all he has is his name and rank. No DOB or regimental number.

    Sgt John Mazzitelli and he served in WWII is all he has. Pretty unique name I think.

    Anybody know where I should point him?
  2. Ventress

    Ventress LE Moderator

  3. Ord_Sgt

    Ord_Sgt RIP

    Thanks for that. Doesn't throw up any results though :(
  4. Ord_Sgt

    Ord_Sgt RIP

    Thanks Awol, that looks like just the job.

    He was a naturalised Aussie after the war. So they should have his records.

  5. My father got his (1948 onwards) records from Glasgow-the number is on the Army website. Next of Kin should be able to apply for a deceased's records. Good hunting
  6. Can I get my grandfathers details although I'm not next of kin? I have a copy of his death certificate and as my father is NOK will I need to get written permission from him to release the details to me or not?