Tracking down a mate of a terminally ill Ex Sapper

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by shut_cint, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to help a mate of mate sorry for putting names but there is no other way of doing it. If anyone can help please send me a msg. Cheers

Tom Pierce is a former RE Corporal who now lives in Canada. Is is very ill and only has a short time to live and is desperate to find his old mate Lance Corporal Neil Sutcliffe. ANy help

2. This may sound stupid, but have you tried facebook?

3. Or Linkedin, if you know which area he may be living in?

4. What PA says. If you know what units they served in together you will probably be able to find a few unit Facebook groups and that sort of thing.

5. There are two or three Sapper groups on facebook, few thousand members between them, someone might know - would help with some terms of reference such as Regiment/Squadron(s), dates, postings, etc.

Both name are familiar - but the Corps was a large place!

6. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

7. Walkyrie I think it is possible that we are looking for the same people. My mate had it on facebook so i put details on here. I'm REME (Abuse later please) So have limited mates who are from your beloved corps. hoping to widen the net

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I suggest you might also get in touch with the REA (address etc on their website) as they may have an address if he is a member.

9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Any other help or information direct to the original poster by Private Message please, and not to be published on the open forum.

10. kbr

kbr

The guy in Canada has been put in touch with his long lost mate. Someone picked up the request for help from the REA Facebook page. Pse follow this link for the detail: Royal Engineers Association | Facebook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.