Tracked rapier

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by commander, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any tracked rapier crews help with an id problem. Trying to id a vehicle that has been bought and can not locate census plate to confirm VRN. Where would it be? does it look like the tank ones i.e. about 12"x6", or is their any other way to id it? No documents and pepole he bought it from will tell him nothing. Need help asthis is way out of my area of knowledge, also what common faults should he look out for.

Much happier with 120mm :D
  2. Isn't there one at Larkhill on display a la gate guardian, but inside the wire? Also 1st Battery (the mostly Civvi maintainers) might be able to help.
  3. Thre's also one at the AAC museum at Middle Wallop.
  4. Too say nothing of 2 at Firepower, one on display and one in the reserve collection.
  5. Thanks for all the locations but it still does not help me, I can not spare tiem to go looking and as the question was were is the plate i am non the wiser
  6. You could try an equiry to Firepower (but there is a charge), they have the manuals for the Tracked Rapier, so they should be able to look it up for you.
  7. If the ID plates are not on the drivers door, try dropping the boot, seem to remember a plate located there.