Track and Trace, Test and Protect. Civic responsibility v a moron’s charter

"Only" 103 fatalities for the whole continent so far?
That's something.
No idea how the Australians have managed that...allowing for the remote nature of millions, but still controlling the compressed cities.
I think Australia was lucky; it didn’t really do much different from the UK. Lockdown was more or less at the same time. Ground zero for infections must be similar; there were loads of Chinese flying in and out.

Population density may be a part. Although 40% of Australians live in Sydney & Melbourne, 70% live in the state capitals and 85% in urban Australia, the cities are nowhere near as dense. We did get testing up and running quickly.
Maybe the answer is that we are all sun, buff and beach fit. Unlike you pasty lardy couch surfing poms.

I think Australia was lucky; it didn’t really do much different from the UK. Lockdown was more or less at the same time. Ground zero for infections must be similar; there were loads of Chinese flying in and out.

Population density may be a part. Although 40% of Australians live in Sydney & Melbourne, 70% live in the state capitals and 85% in urban Australia, the cities are nowhere near as dense. We did get testing up and running quickly.
Maybe the answer is that we are all sun, buff and beach fit. Unlike you pasty lardy couch surfing poms.
Not in Albury/Wodonga they ain't.
I tend to put a few kilos on thanks to Wodonga's Federation Park door-step brekky baps.

Asymptomatic carrier study with 455 exposed shows R0=0 for those with no symptoms. Not sick, not passing the virus on.

The sample size of that study is 1

All wore face masks at all times apart from eating and drinking. Although not all PPE was worn correctly and not all may have been effective

Considering all the mentioned factors, we suggest that there are more important reasons for achieving “Zero infection”. As is well-known, person-to-person transmission through respiratory droplets is the main route of COVID-19 transmission [6]. Earlier research revealed that the viral load of respiratory tract samples in an asymptomatic patient was similar to that in the symptomatic patients [11]. However, a single sample is difficult to be representative. In the light of “Zero infection” for this case, we venture to guess that the viral load of respiratory tract samples in the asymptomatic patient might not be high. Moreover, although pathogenic nucleic acids can be detected in respiratory tract samples from asymptomatic carriers, the opportunity of transmission is less than that in symptomatic patient owing to the absence of the way expelling pathogen via cough and sneezing.

It’s a nice image, but sadly the obesity rates in Australia are actually higher than the UK. Which is a bit tragic. Bondi Beach must look like a mass whale stranding event.

Anonymous Yank

On ROPS
On ROPs
The sample size of that study is 1

All wore face masks at all times apart from eating and drinking. Although not all PPE was worn correctly and not all may have been effective
The sample size is the 455 exposed.

And shhh! In case you didn't notice, Patient A was infected while wearing her mask no where near any WuFlu carriers, and it is a Chinese study, so obviously done in everyone's best interests, and not to generate blurb quotes to generate public sympathy to clear up their public image. Definitely just as credible as the world infection map with 1500 square mile red dots of death to represent 30 verified cases.

It’s a nice image, but sadly the obesity rates in Australia are actually higher than the UK. Which is a bit tragic. Bondi Beach must look like a mass whale stranding event.

I was attempting levity......but I’m aware of the stats. I’m also conscious that I’m privileged to live in a beach suburb where pretty much everyone is fit.

But you simply don’t see the big units on buggies here. I’m in Sydney 3 days a week; most people are at least a healthy weight. The number of big units is always noticeable when I first arrive back in the UK.

Anonymous Yank

On ROPS
On ROPs
listen tw@, i did 22 as a med off , then retired and went to 4re.morocco.saved people, watched them die....get some in cnut.....h6ukvet
RAMC Band Conductor or Quartermaster?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Quote of the day, from the mildly ticked off Dr John Campbell -who has been in my view one of the few consistently calm and rational voices out there:

' What part of the word 'Death' do you not quite get ? '

Try as he might to be dispassionate, the Comments column shows just how political this pandemic can get in terms of the race element in US in particular.

A comment on his earlier video on ' Asymptomatic cases'

"
Deborah o1 day ago (edited)
I’m a nurse, I’ve had Covid as has my husband and 2 children, fortunately all of us had mild illness, although my husbands illness lingered for 8 weeks, my 16yr old was completely asymptomatic my 19yr old only had very mild GI symptoms both would have been completely missed on clinical screening and only picked up on testing.

Just emphasises the need to test more. "

Do.
Or do not.
There is no 'try'.

Last edited:

Anonymous Yank

On ROPS
On ROPs
A comment on his earlier video on ' Asymptomatic cases'

"
Deborah o1 day ago (edited)
I’m a nurse, I’ve had Covid as has my husband and 2 children, fortunately all of us had mild illness, although my husbands illness lingered for 8 weeks, my 16yr old was completely asymptomatic my 19yr old only had very mild GI symptoms both would have been completely missed on clinical screening and only picked up on testing.

Just emphasises the need to test more. "
Test more?

No. That just proves that some other man out there claims to have had the man cold from next door to hell for the same 2 months as me...

Been officially quarantined for 2.5 weeks. My Doc says he will let me go play outside after he gives me a call on Wednesday morning to make sure my sniffles have finally gone away... no PCR sample scraped from the back of my skull required. They still have one guy camped up at the hospital with no symptoms, that won't leave the hospital because he keeps turning up positive on his PCR for the last 3 months. No way I want my nose violated every other day for 3 months just to leave. I wonder how many times he shows up as "verified case" in King county...

Latest Threads