Track and Trace, Test and Protect. Civic responsibility v a moron’s charter

It's not significant compared with the other viruses that we deal with every day without closing down the world. You don't go into a lockdown of this scale because a few hundred people die.

On average, about 17,000 people die from generic influenza each year in the UK. Now that is a truly indiscriminate virus taking lives from all age groups. 17,000 every year and not a peep about it on the news, no face masks, no panic, no lockdowns, nothing.
We are up to 37,837 since January. 5 months into the year.

the average flu death figure is about the same as the average suicide rate.

more will die from stabbings in london than C19 this year unless round two hits us along with a new flu variant in october..
I think your number are off. In 2019 there were 137 homicides in London, of which a little more than half were stabbings. There have already been 162 deaths in London where the cause of death was given as COVID-19.

What happened to the App that was going to be released? Was it abandoned or has it been delayed?
The app was infected with a virus.

Top tip: If you really do not want to be tracked and traced or to divulge sensitive personal information, cut up your Tesco Clubcard.
I don't have any store cards.

Can't really see it working as it's too easy to ignore and pretty impossible to prove that people have ignored it.

On the plus side Bugsy will be desperate to stick it to the 'gubment' by defing it but can't because he doesn't have any mates so will by default become a compliant 'sheeple'.
You can always track where drugsy is by the way the pigeons fly off when he shouts at them.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Friend of mine had this damn thing back in March, now crapping herself that ,even though she has HAD Covid19, she will be asked to self-isolate for another 14 days if she gets a phone call.

Is there any definitive advice I can point her at for people who have definitely already had (clinically diagnosed) Covid?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
We are up to 37,837 since January. 5 months into the year.
not when you look at the figures properly although the ONS already admits they are double counting deaths and many deaths are not C19 even though they are logged as such..

they are not extra deaths just deaths they happen to bother telling us about. everyone takes the figures differently for example -

"EACH week during the coronavirus crisis, I have been reviewing and interpreting the mortality figures released by the Office for National Statistics. The latest for England and Wales, covering the week ending May 15, paint an unusual picture.

It seems the Bank Holiday the previous week shifted a chunk of registrations into this week, so recorded deaths went up by nearly 2,000.

Notably though, despite this, Covid-19 deaths went down. It means all those 2,000 were additional non-coronavirus deaths. The lockdown bites.

Of Covid deaths in the week ending May 15, 43.6 per cent were in care homes, showing the shift of the pandemic into them, although the numbers – by date of death rather than registration – are coming down all the time.
Out of 2,350 excess care home deaths, 1,660 were with Covid, leaving 690 – or 29 per cent – non-Covid. Overall in care homes, there have been 24,163 excess deaths so far during the crisis, of which 11,636 were Covid, leaving 12,527, or 51.8 per cent, non-Covid. So more than half of additional care home deaths in the pandemic were not with coronavirus.

There were 1,342 excess deaths in private homes in the week ending May 15, only 145 of them with Covid. So 1,197, or 89 per cent, are non-Covid. Since the pandemic began, there have been 12,843 excess deaths in private homes, of which 1,860 were with Covid, leaving 10,983, or 85.5 per cent, non-Covid.

Overall during the virus crisis, there have now been 54,032 excess deaths, of which 41,100 were with Covid, leaving 12,932, or 23.9 per cent – nearly a quarter – non-Covid.

What are they all dying from? One cause could be transfer from hospitals, as hospitals have seen 26,730 Covid deaths since the beginning of the outbreak, but only 16,098 excess deaths. So around 10,000 ordinary deaths that would normally occur in hospital have moved elsewhere.

As usual, we can also ask whether some ‘Covid’ deaths were misattributed, and conversely whether some non-Covid deaths were in fact with the virus. Even so, almost 13,000 is a huge number of above-average non-Covid deaths and the proportion of such deaths in care homes and private homes is considerable. Explanation is needed."

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Friend of mine had this damn thing back in March, now crapping herself that ,even though she has HAD Covid19, she will be asked to self-isolate for another 14 days if she gets a phone call.

Is there any definitive advice I can point her at for people who have definitely already had (clinically diagnosed) Covid?
was she tested or like most of us she had symptoms, felt a bit poorly and got betterer

they have already said that their tests do not work after 4 weeks which is an easy way to get out of admitting that most of the population has already had it.

this whole thing has been messed up from start to finish.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

As I understand it the problem is that the scientists are not sure if having the virus generally gives immunity or may even make you more susceptible.

There have been people who have had reoccurrence of symptoms but it’s not possible to know if that is reinfection or relapse of an existing infection. It’s also the case that a small number of people who are vaccinated with generally effective vaccines go on to develop the disease.

not when you look at the figures properly although the ONS already admits they are double counting deaths and many deaths are not C19 even though they are logged as such..

they are not extra deaths just deaths they happen to bother telling us about. everyone takes the figures differently for example -

"EACH week during the coronavirus crisis, I have been reviewing and interpreting the mortality figures released by the Office for National Statistics. The latest for England and Wales, covering the week ending May 15, paint an unusual picture.

It seems the Bank Holiday the previous week shifted a chunk of registrations into this week, so recorded deaths went up by nearly 2,000.

Notably though, despite this, Covid-19 deaths went down. It means all those 2,000 were additional non-coronavirus deaths. The lockdown bites.
Of Covid deaths in the week ending May 15, 43.6 per cent were in care homes, showing the shift of the pandemic into them, although the numbers – by date of death rather than registration – are coming down all the time.
Out of 2,350 excess care home deaths, 1,660 were with Covid, leaving 690 – or 29 per cent – non-Covid. Overall in care homes, there have been 24,163 excess deaths so far during the crisis, of which 11,636 were Covid, leaving 12,527, or 51.8 per cent, non-Covid. So more than half of additional care home deaths in the pandemic were not with coronavirus.

There were 1,342 excess deaths in private homes in the week ending May 15, only 145 of them with Covid. So 1,197, or 89 per cent, are non-Covid. Since the pandemic began, there have been 12,843 excess deaths in private homes, of which 1,860 were with Covid, leaving 10,983, or 85.5 per cent, non-Covid.

Overall during the virus crisis, there have now been 54,032 excess deaths, of which 41,100 were with Covid, leaving 12,932, or 23.9 per cent – nearly a quarter – non-Covid.

What are they all dying from? One cause could be transfer from hospitals, as hospitals have seen 26,730 Covid deaths since the beginning of the outbreak, but only 16,098 excess deaths. So around 10,000 ordinary deaths that would normally occur in hospital have moved elsewhere.

As usual, we can also ask whether some ‘Covid’ deaths were misattributed, and conversely whether some non-Covid deaths were in fact with the virus. Even so, almost 13,000 is a huge number of above-average non-Covid deaths and the proportion of such deaths in care homes and private homes is considerable. Explanation is needed."
The quote seems to be from here. LINK

The quote seems to be from here. LINK
On the other hand
A medical study in France suggests even mild cases of coronavirus infection, not requiring hospital treatment, produce antibodies in almost all patients, with the body’s defences against the virus increasing during the weeks of recovery.

The research, led by a team from the Pasteur Institute, raises hopes that everyone who has had the disease could acquire some degree of immunity, although it is not clear for how long or to what degree.

Also reported in the FT, before someone chips in with the usual witticisms about the Guardian.

Mind you, if you read on in the article, the results might have been skewed by them all praying extra hard.

There have been people who have had reoccurrence of symptoms but it’s not possible to know if that is reinfection or relapse of an existing infection. It’s also the case that a small number of people who are vaccinated with generally effective vaccines go on to develop the disease.
Recurrence of symptoms: weakened body catches Flu, Common Cold...

Yep, if vaccines were 100% effective we'd have very few Flu deaths every year as opposed to the 20,000-35,000 we do have

If I feel shit enough to bin work, then it's more than likely I'll be off for couple of weeks. If the phone rings and HMG tell me there's a distinct possibility that I might soon feel shit and should bin work for a couple of weeks then I shall ring in and tell work that I actually do feel shit and bin work for a couple of weeks. Either way, I'll be off work for a couple of weeks... shit or not... or dead. Have I missed something?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If I feel shit enough to bin work, then it's more than likely I'll be off for couple of weeks. If the phone rings and HMG tell me there's a distinct possibility that I might soon feel shit and should bin work for a couple of weeks then I shall ring in and tell work that I actually do feel shit and bin work for a couple of weeks. Either way, I'll be off work for a couple of weeks... shit or not... or dead. Have I missed something?
Common sense and decency is missing from all those who want whatever the government tries to do to fail and are encouraging people to be dissatisfied and kick off.

The Bog Roll Bandit Brigade are the measure of our countries character when it comes to community responsibility.

The government ignoring that is a measure of their community responsibility.

they have already said that their tests do not work after 4 weeks which is an easy way to get out of admitting that most of the population has already had it.
No they haven't, and no it isn't.

The test to see if yoo HAVE it only works for a short period when you've been displaying symptoms (including being lashed to a ventilator in ICU).

There is no accurate test to see if you have HAD it, and have develped antibodies and therefore might be safe to go about your business.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No they haven't, and no it isn't.

The test to see if yoo HAVE it only works for a short period when you've been displaying symptoms (including being lashed to a ventilator in ICU).

There is no accurate test to see if you have HAD it, and have develped antibodies and therefore might be safe to go about your business.
Forgive me if I’m wrong but we’re not even sure if having antibodies will offer immunity or to what extent it will. As I understand it, it usually does but not always.

There is no need for most of us to be fearful but it’s wise to be cautious. Maintain social distance, wash your hands. Your skills and drills, your 5s and 10s can’t guarantee that you’ll be 100% safe, nothing can but they should make the risk manageable.

We should be back to the position where the biggest risk for most of us is driving.

Yes do what your told

there is no evidence of immunity

The U.K. is extremely late in the game to contact tracing. 4 months late.

if it had been implemented immediately it would have made a difference.

why is contact tracing important?
On average one person will give COVID19 to 3 others. that means within 1 month on average the original source will have infected 16 people. 80% of people with COVID19 have mild or no symptoms.

Latest Threads