Track and Trace, Test and Protect. Civic responsibility v a moron’s charter

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Morning @Joker62,
As a proud(but un-educated in the ways of the smart phone), owner of a 'Nokia' 3311. Would doing the FB quote bit work as an 'easy' exit reason/excuse to cull unwanted social media contacts. Then just delete them and start from scratch if wanted? Gen'., question.
I'd be tempted to reply 'sorry, unknown number - who is this?'

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I have just been into town, on my bike, without a phone to buy some materials
builders merchant is split into two sections, big stuff timber and bricks and drainage on one side of the road
all the rest in another building
wanted some paint stripper but none in stock ?
walked over to a well known paint place, bloke stop me going in the shop ???
tell him I want that tin of paint stripper there on the shelf and i have contactless card
no he points to sign and says I have to go on the web and order it and collect it ?
I said no problem I dont like online stuff ( even though I have an account with the company, which will be closed very soon)
I will cycle over to B and Q ( 4 miles) then I get a sarky comment about hope their social distancing is better there
I just said its only killing old and fat people pointing at my gut and laughed, then he started being a Martyr s,tuff me he got all drama queen and snowflake with me, turns out he had a stroke in his 40s , I ask was he a heavy smoker ? yes 60 a day and sitting on his arse and driving to and from work !!! I point out that I dont smoke keep reasonably fit and they have been warning people about smoking and obesity for years, I have spent years being surrounded by idle sods smoking next to me or in my van, so have little tolerance for it
also watching the older members of my family dying from lung cancer 50 years ago put me straight
next place i visit a large purveyor of tools and sundries, who from their recent offers, and lack of people in the shops will probably be another casualty of this infection
one vehicle outside, I look at the door usual social distancing stuff, nothing special
walk in and one staff member is dealing with a customer, a fat blob waddles down and tells me to wait outside
he is normally the fat blob standing smoking by the door
I walk out and on my bike and leave
another place that will not be getting my business in future

This has been doing the rounds on Twitter. A tad over the top perhaps. The conspiracy theorists have been in overdrive about it.

yuyuyuyuyuyu.jpg

There are already fake posters going up round my way, "warning, covid 19 found in this area, call this number for decontamination deep cleaning".

At first glance it looks like an official sort of sign but lacks the government PC nonsense and praise for the NHS which gives away it's origin...a cleaning company or more accurately, a couple of poles trying to capitalise on peoples unwarranted fear of a virus that is not deadly to the under 65's.
Morning @aHappyTeddyBear,
My bold.
I see that a lot here and it's instigated by over-zealous cops and the now 'full of themselves', Gov't 'health' drones. Going around with a Napoleon syndrome, putting more fear into locals than is already there.
I personally have had a 'discussion' with three cops(a senior constable with two new female recruits in tow), and two health nazis. Who tried to enforce 'their' rules, NOT Gov't ones. I think because I wouldn't back down and they knew I was right, they didn't arrest or report me.
I was meeting with the S.P. later for something unconnected and detailed what I've seen with locals and my two 1st hand experiences.
He was supportive of his cops but agreed they shouldn't go beyond what's permitted and that he'd pass it down the CoC.
I don't think I was just being a dick and wouldn't grass the guys even though he asked and I had their names/numbers.
Common sense prevailed. I hope!

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Morning @OneTenner,
Simple on my Nokia. If the number calling isn't in my contacts, I don't answer.
Same, in fact, sometimes I store a number then I can have the pleasure of knowing who i'm not answering!
On the landline i've recorded some fax machine tones as the answerphone message, those in the know will leave a message, telemarketers just cross it off their lists mostly

My wife uses an app that is called C-19, just fills in well being info daily on me and her, weekly questionnaire, study being under taken by Kings hospital. Gives out local info on whereabouts of the nasty little thing.
Nasty little thing huh? Your lockdown must be a laugh a minute if that's what you think of your wife

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
virologists call it Tetris now.= test trace isolate.

this whole thing is a mess though. and there is little to fear but fear itself.

when 90% show no symptoms but can still shed virus contact tracing is a little mute.

this is not ebola or rabies., never was and never will be.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Morning @Joker62,
As a proud(but un-educated in the ways of the smart phone), owner of a 'Nokia' 3311. Would doing the FB quote bit work as an 'easy' exit reason/excuse to cull unwanted social media contacts. Then just delete them and start from scratch if wanted? Gen'., question.
S'up to you, Billy!

You’re right that that is the overwhelming majority but there are a significant number of otherwise healthy people who die or suffer life changing injury as a result of COVID 19. Under 65 with little or no symptoms may also be significant vectors for the spread of the infection.

Those people who don’t want to behave responsibly won’t. Some of them may look for excuses for their behaviour but it basically comes down to being Jack.
It's not significant compared with the other viruses that we deal with every day without closing down the world. You don't go into a lockdown of this scale because a few hundred people die.

On average, about 17,000 people die from generic influenza each year in the UK. Now that is a truly indiscriminate virus taking lives from all age groups. 17,000 every year and not a peep about it on the news, no face masks, no panic, no lockdowns, nothing.

Morning @OneTenner,
Simple on my Nokia. If the number calling isn't in my contacts, I don't answer.
Wot he said ^

I dont answer my phone when i do know who is calling half the time, if its important/ urgent they will call again.

If i feel mischievous on my return to work I shall bubble the entire CoC and make sure we have to isolate...

Al Jazeera last week did a report on how track and trace was being done, using mobile phones, in China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
Effectively the reporter couldn't leave the building without his mobile.
If he'd tested positive, or been traced as having been near someone tested positive, he could go no further than the end of his side street.
If not tested positive, he could go further, but couldn't enter any premises containing anyone tested positive.
He could downliad a pass, for a haircut for example, from a poster outside the shop, which would only allow the download to those not tested positive.

It may sound intrusive to westerners, but the locals seemed happy enough being tracked 24/7.
I suppose the difference is that they know they're being tracked & traced, and accept the benefit over the intrusion.

Top tip: If you really do not want to be tracked and traced or to divulge sensitive personal information, cut up your Tesco Clubcard.

Can't really see it working as it's too easy to ignore and pretty impossible to prove that people have ignored it.

On the plus side Bugsy will be desperate to stick it to the 'gubment' by defing it but can't because he doesn't have any mates so will by default become a compliant 'sheeple'.

Frankly i'd rather use a Gov't app than let Google anywhere near my 'randomised data', Apple & Amazon harvest the same stuff but at least have the decency to hoard it for their own material gains rather than sell it on...
True, unless you're a business Amazon aren't a threat, it's companies hosting on S3 or selling through the Amazon store that really need to worry

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
It's not significant compared with the other viruses that we deal with every day without closing down the world. You don't go into a lockdown of this scale because a few hundred people die.

On average, about 17,000 people die from generic influenza each year in the UK. Now that is a truly indiscriminate virus taking lives from all age groups. 17,000 every year and not a peep about it on the news, no face masks, no panic, no lockdowns, nothing.
the average flu death figure is about the same as the average suicide rate.

more will die from stabbings in london than C19 this year unless round two hits us along with a new flu variant in october..

Latest Threads