Tracing a friend - help needed! Thanks!

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Stephi, Jun 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there. Me and a mate are trying to contact a friend of ours. He was based in Bosnia until March of this year before transferring units and heading to the province of Helmand, Afghanistan. I haven't heard from him since then, and have sent a number of emails etc as has my mate. Unforunately he did not say which unit he had transferred to, but he was a member of the Welsh guards beforehand.

However, I do have his service number and was wondering if it is possible for to trace someone using only these details? If so, if anyone could provide a number/website/contact details in order for us to be able to trace him, we'd be very grateful. Unfortunately, we have no contact for his family.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Highly unlikely i would think, unless you have power of attorney or have been listed as an emergency contact, Next of kin. Im sure you can appreciate that the british army will not give out any soldiers details to just Anyone, If he has not contacted you maybe there is a reason for that!

Im sorry i hope you you get what your looking for

3. put

service number / rank / name
    inglis barracks
    mill hill
    london
    NW7 1PX

& it should find its way to him.

4. Or you could try sending him an ebluey if you have the following information!!

Rank
    Name
    Number
    and BFPO address

If you have the above then register on

https://www.ebluey.com/bfpo//load_login.cfm

It should find its way to him!! But as i said before, there is a reason you havent heard from him, so dont expect a reply and if you get one then bonus...

5. Dear Mr ........ we're from the CSA. :)

6. Armynet

7. at least she didnt put his details on here!

8. err transferred from Bos straight to Helmund? i know i have not been for a while, but are we that stretched? or is this the dear jane thanx for dirty pix but got a new target now?

9. No mate happening to lots of lads at the moment and some are even volunteering now the new Tax allowance and LSSA entitlements are out. If I was a singlie then its a good money saving scheme and have known a few lads doing back to back tours to get themselves on the housing market. As said thogh this sounds like a possible dear John.

10. Mint post :lol: :lol:
    The phrase 'sh*gged and left' springs to mind :lol:

11. Not that unusual in 2003 I went from 3 months BLMF 2 weeks leave straight to 9 months SLB