Town hall flags at half mast for Bhutto

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by WhiteHorse, Dec 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's Bradford, do you really have to ask why? :lol:

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

The clue is probably in the caption:

Also note the Pakistani Flag flying in front of the hall!

3. Do they normally fly the Pakistani flag?!

4. I thought half mast was only for UK Royalty etc. IIRC the union flag is only to be flown from govt buildings on certain days and half mast only on order from No 10 or Buckingham Palace?

5. Outrageous.

6. why is the flag of another country flying from a public building....

Outraged, Wiltshire

7. Outraged, Devon

......................will my popadoms have a black ribbon on them tomorrow?

8. It would be interesting to know whether any protocols have been breached flying the Pakistani flag. I can see no reason why it should be done, unless it's a colonial hangover type thing.

I look forward to seeing the Union Flag flying outside Islamabad governmental buildings when the leader of any ad hoc political party pops his clogs in the UK (Galloway would be a good start)

9. A logical conclusion would be that the building has been taken over by foreign elements.

Time to issue an OPs Order?

8O

10. Liarbour council pandering to supposed local feelings again no doubt....... tossers

11. Ok, done some digging, the Dept of Culture, media and sport are in charge

Flags

and according to HM the Queen, no flags are to be flown at half mast unless orderd and only during official mourning, so Bradford council need to sort their lives out... :evil:

12. Burn it-mast and all.
    Right that's it- my flagpost and union flag are finally getting assembled and flown on my house first thing tomorrow.

13. Two of my Pakistani colleagues emailed to say they weren't coming in today because of what had happened. So you never know!

14. I hope it cost them annual leave or a days pay! Remind me why British lives are being lost overseas?