Tower of London - a superb history.

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Jan 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Done on here last week but yes, it is superb, and I have recommended it to all the known world.

Mods - can this be merged?
  2. Oops, mods delete this bitch then!
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Spoke to the warder recently and he was shocked it made it onto Utube, reassured him it showed him as funny and knowledgable as he always has been in the 25 years I have known him.
  4. He's not as funny as Mitch.......
  5. My 7 old daughter has watched them several times, she thinks he's "awesome funny". Think he would have made a cracking teacher.
  6. Loved the "Fly away" comment to the person filming at the end of the tour!
  7. I have a Yeoman Warder/Tower of London Challenge coin, which I think you can only get from their bar, would there be interest if I auctioned it?
  8. This is excellent! I also received by E-Mail today.

PA, do you have a picture of that Challenge Coin?
  9. ooooooh I'm going there next week - I'll look out for it and get two if possible - one to auction
  10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

11. I moved house last week, as soon as I find it I'll post photos.
  12. Although he does say that Thomas Culpepper wouldn't have been happy about the fact Catherine Howard declaring that he was the one who had slept with her, just prior to her death....

Given that he had been executed for this very deed nearly three months previous, I doubt it was that much of a secret. :D
  13. If anyone is going to the Tower (or other London sites) and travelling by train (or has a train season ticket) check out this site, it gives two for one admission if you print out the coupon and present it with your train ticket (or pass if you work for a Train company). They are also available in a booklet "London 2 for 1" available at mainline stations.

First Great Western - 2FOR1 Offers
  14. This offer appears to only be available to First Great Western train users but your post uses vague words like 'train', 'train ticket', 'Train company' and 'mainline stations'. Can you use these vouchers whilst travelling on other train networks? I'm sorry if this question sounds silly but I'm not overly familiar with using the train network and feel I may be missing something here.