Tower Hamlets

Seems to me the Election result should be declared null and void.

How can this happen in 21st Century Britain? Why is the Home Secretary not having the Chief Constable for the Met in for a chat (without coffee) to enquire if he has any intention of upholding the rule of law anytime soon?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/a...tfur-rahman-an-election-labour-chose-to-lose/

Lutfur Rahman, the extremist-linked mayor of Tower Hamlets, narrowly won re-election last night – by 52 per cent to 48 after second preferences – with the help of a repertoire of tactics for which the borough has become notorious.

Promises of a police presence at every polling station were not kept, at least for the whole of the day, and even where police were present they were often ineffectual. Large and intimidating groups of Rahman supporters picketed the entrances to many polling stations, remonstrating with some voters who refused to take Rahman leaflets. Other non-Rahman voters may well have decided not to run the gauntlet
This is disgusting and should be top item on the media news. Why do they ignore it.

Bits of London are no better than African Banana republics and the Met are allowing them to get away with it!!

What sort of fecking Country are we living in today?

I have much respect for Gilligan, he sticks his head above parapets that most of today's journos wouldn't be happy to touch with the proverbial.

Can't understand what's going on, is it tacit 'approval' that certain areas are out of the common writ?

The current situation in Tower Hamlets may be a taste of the future for London as a whole. Interesting times ahead as demographics continue to change. If the disparate ethnic groups start voting as blocs and competing for resources it could turn quite ugly. Don't expect any mainstream politicians to face up to the reality on the ground; either there won't be a problem or it won't be their problem. Either way, within a generation or so, the UK's capital city will be inhabited by a population that is not ethnically - or in many cases - culturally English.
Hmm..........

Tower Hamlets - currently a shameful scab on the supposedly democratic entity that is this nation! Meanwhile, the corrupt (and wholly undemocratic) EU is doubtless fiddling the votes in the vacuous election to its facile 'parliament', so that it looks as though most in the corrupt EU's maw love it; and want it to get bigger and better and bugger the auditors! If UKIP win ALL, or even 'too many', of the seats, I bet the corrupt EU will order - I do mean ORDER - the election to be held again.

Good link daz but watch this story die a death before Tuesday.

Oh, I agree, its an inconvenient truth for the chattering classes, especially the Labour party element to the story - mind you, its not like they've not got form for this

Oh, I agree, its an inconvenient truth for the chattering classes, especially the Labour party element to the story - mind you, its not like they've not got form for this
It's worrying that the Cons will not make a thing of it, it seems to be off limits if you happen to come from a certain sector of the 'community'. Unfeckintouchable.

It's worrying that the Cons will not make a thing of it, it seems to be off limits if you happen to come from a certain sector of the 'community'. Unfeckintouchable.
Bit like the pressure on public services, roads infrastructure having porous borders with the EU. 200,000 people per annum is a hell of a lot and cannot be sustained they know it is a problem but refuse to even acknowledge it let alone deal with it. A million in five years 10 Million in fifty years this small island cannot accommodate them.

Unless they do begin to deal with it 10 years from now things will be getting so bad they risk a situation of speratist groups arming themselves to demand change.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Tower Hamlets - currently a shameful scab on the supposedly democratic entity that is this nation! Meanwhile, the corrupt (and wholly undemocratic) EU is doubtless fiddling the votes in the vacuous election to its facile 'parliament', so that it looks as though most in the corrupt EU's maw love it; and want it to get bigger and better and bugger the auditors! If UKIP win ALL, or even 'too many', of the seats, I bet the corrupt EU will order - I do mean ORDER - the election to be held again.
As a matter of interest, just what is the colour of the sky on your planet?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So the EU are infiltrating the populace and polling stations with a fifth column of voters and elite teams of dyscalculic voting slip counters in order to swing the vote counts in their favour?

They must be doing a shite job if they are.

So the EU are infiltrating the populace and polling stations with a fifth column of voters and elite teams of dyscalculic voting slip counters in order to swing the vote counts in their favour?

They must be doing a shite job if they are.
Wonder who the Bangladeshi Commissioner is?

How can this happen in 21st Century Britain? Why is the Home Secretary not having the Chief Constable for the Met in for a chat (without coffee) to enquire if he has any intention of upholding the rule of law anytime soon?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/a...tfur-rahman-an-election-labour-chose-to-lose/

This is disgusting and should be top item on the media news. Why do they ignore it.

Bits of London are no better than African Banana republics and the Met are allowing them to get away with it!!

Nothing will happen because those in power (and I include the Met Commissioner) are cowards, pure and simple. Any robust investigation would result in allegations of 'racism' as per usual and certain elements might be encouraged to take to the streets and burn things interspersed with a bit of looting.

This is probably a Labour party problem. They should be the one's complaining and getting it sorted. It is their man who 'lost out' from the corrupt practices.

Can't imagine the Tories actually giving a toss until such time as it impacts on one of their potential seats.

Which just serves to prove what value democracy those that depend on, actually place on it.

From original article.

One of the most disturbing aspects of last night was that, in the council elections happening alongside the mayoralty, the Rahman camp appears to have organised heavily against white Labour councillors but not against (most) Bangladeshi Labour councillors.

It's been going on in certain areas with certain ethnic groups for years http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...electoral-fraud-in-tower-hamlets-7682075.html http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...e-rigging-factory-to-hijack-postal-votes.html See photos below.

It's only going to get worse unless our not so wonderful leaders grow a set of balls.
Needless to say I expect the usual bunch of apologists with rant & rave hurling the usual RACIST insult and claiming its common everywhere in the UK, which it obviously isn't!