Tours!!!!!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tattymatty, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I am currently half way through my infantry recruit training, and just wondering how long do you have to wait to do a tour in afghanistan once youve finished training.
    Cheers

2. hi

i was told you have to wait 9 months before any tour

3. Ask at your Company (SPSI or CSM will know) some units will not let you go on tour unless you have been trained a year. :)

4. You have been mis informed Jord, however i did leave 10+ yrs ago. We were under attack in west belfast and waiting to be crashed out when someone said who the fook are you to some new guy, he had just finished his training a few weeks, if that, prior to his 18 birthday and was now in our platoon !!

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

It will also depend when your unit is next due to do a tour. You can, in theory, go straight after you complete basic training. However, unless your unit provide very, very, very good build up training prior to you going (and I am talking months here, not weeks) don't even think about it.

6. There are blokes mobilising now for Herrick 10 who did CIC in July. As someone else has said, it really depends on you unit's next tour. Patience is a virtue, if nothing comes up soon dont worry- it will. Do as many weekends as you can esp in the field or live firing, no matter how bone it may seem.