Tourettes - a bar to joining?

The bit I don't understand about tourettes is...why is their unintended outburst always a swear word?
you never hear one shout out loudly something like 'cupboard' 'armchair' and such, are they taking the piss? we need to know.
Look Cunt, if they've got an excuse let them have fun.

I'd love to be able to put all my darkness, swearing and horrendous sense of humour involving sexual violence down to a chemical imbalence. Actually, I'm just a weapons' grade foreskin.

But I'll be strap-on'd by some ugly bull dyke before I let you ruin it for the one or two who can stand up in front of a Primary School audience and shout "Leopard's Fanny Batter" in good conscience.

The bit I don't understand about tourettes is...why is their unintended outburst always a swear word?
you never hear one shout out loudly something like 'cupboard' 'armchair' and such, are they taking the piss? we need to know.
"Despite the common misconception that Tourette's syndrome is defined by uncontrollable and socially inappropriate cursing, only 10 percent of Tourette'spatients actually exhibit that symptom. Most have milder tics like rapid blinking , shoulder-shrugging and throat-clearing."

https://www.livescience.com/33384-tourette-syndrome-people-curse-uncontrollably.html

ugly

LE
The bloke I knew didn't swear on his meds, just weird whirring noises.

Danny doesn't have Tourette's....he's just an epic ****.
I had to laugh when I was bored enough to watch one of his programmes a few months ago. It was about gangsters and hardmen or something and he was travelling the country meeting up with the local hoods, giving it large with his usual 'professional cockney' wide boy schtick.

He was wandering the streets of Blackpool or somewhere, doing a piece to camera. While he was delivering his diamond geeza stuff, all you could hear in the background was people who'd recognised him shouting, "Yer a fookin' wanker, Dyer. Fook off back t' Loondon, yer silly coont!"

Not what the producer was after, I'm sure. But very funny.

Tourettes.jpg

Apparently, the sweariness is a symptom displayed by a minority of Tourette's sufferers, though I don't know the actual proportion.

My son who's got it swears like there's no tomorrow but I don't think it's anything to do with the Tourette's. His tics are physical and cause pain. The more tired and/or stressed he is, the more of his body tics.

To answer the OP’s question, I’ve just checked and it is indeed possible to join up subject to an assessment in line with operational requirements and role. It isn’t, however, possible to last more than one post on any subject at all in ARRSE Current Affairs without being permabanned twelve seconds later.

Some actually do, a lad at my daughters college has it and his most common outburst is biscuits, mind you they were at a funeral for one of their classmates who died from Leukemia and he was shouting "shitbuscuits" and "shagging dogs" all the way through the service.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I understand Tourette's Syndrome was first diagnosed in the French armoured corps when a conscript had his fingers bitten by the Tourette monster.

"Ouch fúck, cúnt, bollix," etc.

Last edited:
I can remember aged about 13, waiting for the bus home from school, there was this old bloke stood just behind me and a cupla other lads from my year. He was wittering on to himself in some crazy made-up language, peppered with proper English swear words. He went like, "Ayuppa tye! Huppa fruppa ee-eye-uppa fucka!"

One of the lads impersonated his speech for a quick few words, then quickly stopped.

We had no idea what Tourettes was, and just thought he was some mental sort.

ugly

LE