Tour Trawls

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by squirt, Jun 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Could anyone tell me where to go about looking in order to find details of any trawls going for op tours?

Cheers in advance.
  2. DII, MS Web, OCE list.
  3. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

4. ok bone question coming up....... Ski Geek, what is CoC?
    Ive seen the acronym on many a forum here and never bothered with it, having left 10 years ago (oh to turn back the clock!) the whole world and his dog has changed in the Signals so what does it stand for?

sits back awaiting incoming......................... :soldier:
  5. CoC is chain of command, hopefully I didn't just get wah'd!
  6. haha not by me you didnt, just me being a thick tw*t as its pretty obvious now.
  7. Thanks for the replies. Could anyone give me any pointers on where to look on DII? Unsure about the other two mentioned by GLESGA-NED... CoC probably won't be too keen on me asking for a deployment as I'm currently at a non-deployable unit so just seeing if there's anything out there first!
  8. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

If you go behind their backs they will be even more pissed off.

Honesty is the best policy. Approach your CoC first of all and ask what the art of the possible is. If you don't ask you don't get. Then by all means look at other approaches such as R.SIGNALS Infantry Support Teams which is a volunteer role or even a EOD role which is the number 1 internal recruitment job at the moment.

Remember you may get what you ask for!
  9. Thanks for your reply. It wasn't a case of going behind their backs but more a case of going in informed. Cheers for the ideas, definitely something I would look into. Cheers again.
  10. Just what I was after - thank you very much.
  11. Go on DII, Look for the Military Secretary (MCM Div) Intranet web site, Look for the E2 lists and OCE list on the righthand side (IIRC). The OCE list on DII will give you some idea of the jobs all around the world. Some jobs are rank and trade dependant some are any capbadge. Some good jobs some terrible jobs.

In relation to posts commenting about your CoC, they will have to know anyway because they have to put a paragraph on the app form to say you are suitable for the job. And dependant on your rank fcuk em, Half the CoC don't know what the OCE list is or were to find it. I have had some good postings and detachments only by me, yes me doing the research and groundwork for a particular job. So again fcuk em no friends in sunhine cabbies.
  12. Again, cheers for the comments - I will look tomorrow. I don't know my way around DII so a quick search didn't get me anywhere. I doubt they'll let me go, but I'm going to give them a bloody good case as to why they should let me!

Tar again.
  13. That's where the link from CardinalSin above goes to.
  14. OCEs are GGRrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt